Their Best Friend

-Rachael's POV-

"Murdered?" Grace croaked, shocked by the news, "By who?"

"We're not sure yet," Kenya replied, placing her hand on Grace's shoulder in a sympathetic way, "But we'll do everything in our power to find out."

Grace smirked, "Thanks."

Kenya grinned back before she told everyone but Anthony to leave, because she needed to clean up. Joey, Grace, and I left. Joey said he was going to pick up some lunch, leaving Grace and I alone.

"So, Adam was a good friend of yours?" I attempted to spark a conversation as I picked up some papers from the desk in the main room.

Grace laughed, "He actually..." She began to tell me when she cut herself short, "Yeah, a good friend."

I looked back at her and grinned, "He doesn't sound like just a good friend to me."

She heaved a sigh, "Fine...Adam was...my boyfriend. But no one knew! We only dated for a few weeks before he...he..."

"Went missing?" I finished her sentence.

"Yes. And that's why I'm here, Rachael. Because I want to work on this case with you guys."

"You want to work on this case with us?" I repeated in disbelief, "I get Adam was your boyfriend, but the LAPD and the CIA don't have a good history."

"I know, but...please, Rachael. All I'm asking is to work on Adam's case. I'm not asking you to give me a job."

I sighed, "Grace, I..."

Just then, Luke burst through the front doors. "I've been looking for you everywhere, Grace!" He exclaimed, grabbing her hand, "What are you doing here?"

She yanked her hand out of his hold, "I'm trying to get on Adam's case."

His angry expression evolved into a sullen one, "Oh..."

Kenya walked in, looking at a clipboard. She looked up and rolled her eyes, “I swear if one more cop walks through here, this can be a new precinct.”

“Nice to see you again too,” Luke greeted with a smirk on his face looking Kenya up and down, “I am still waiting to take you out for that drink. You too, Rachael.”

“Oh my gosh it’s the troll, what bridge did you crawl out from this time?” Kenya retorted as she rolled her eyes.

Before the two of them could break out into an insult war, I got between them and exclaimed, "Hey! No need to do this here!"

"What are they doing here anyways?" Kenya asked, glaring at Luke.

"Grace wants to know if she can join us on this case," I told her.

"And me," Luke added.

“You of all people don’t get to work on this case!” Anthony answered for Kenya, coming up behind her.

“For once I agree with him.” Kenya replied as she crossed her arms.

"Guys, come on, Adam was their best friend," I told them, "I'm sure if it was any of us and for some reason the LAPD had the case, they would let us work on it."

“Yeah, and we have clearance to take over the case.” Kenya retorted and smiled, “And plus, no offense, Grace and dwarf,” Kenya said as she glared at Luke, “But I think it won’t work. CIA and LAPD have two different ways of working. So no."

I rolled my eyes, "Just let them be on the goddamn case, Kenya! What's the worst that can fucking happen? They find something we don't?"

"Rachael..." Anthony muttered as he took a step towards me, "I have to agree with Kenya on this one. I don't want them working with us. Things wouldn't work out."