Chapter 8

As we were running I kind of realized I wasn't really sure of what to do next. I'd kinda grabbed Cezanna's hand in the heat of the moment, but now I was painfully aware of it (It was warm ^.^ tehe). We'd already gotten far enough away from the danger zone, so I stopped and let go, afraid that if we kept going I'd get distracted and run into something.

"Are you going to tell me why we were just running?" Cezanna asked confused.

"Terrifying magic beyond your wildest dreams. Let's just say it involves a Refus" I replied with a grin (If the spell's consciousness could disillusion itself by using ridiculous languages to make things sound cooler than so could I!!!!!!!)

"What?" Cezanna asked, clearly more confused.

"Let's just call it Gnomeageddon....." I replied after a moment of thought.

"Should we go back?" Cezanna asked, clearly having given up trying to get anything out of me.

"I'm not sure there's anything to go back to." I answered mysteriously with a self-satisfied grin.

We soon went our separate ways, but I'd managed to convince Cezanna not to go back to school until the next day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, I made my way to school, unsure of what impact Gnomeaggedon may have on my future. The first thing, I noticed when I got there was that everyone was above ground and classes were being conducted the way they had been before we discovered the secret underground facilities. I joined my class and to my surprise I couldn't find Charlie anywhere. Everyone else was there, but to my surprise almost everyone was acting as though I didn't exist, no one glanced in my direction. Even Ken left me alone. Everyone seemed whole, but given a full day, most non-fatal wounds would have long been healed with magic. I eventually found Trey who looked at me and nodded.

"Thanks for telling me to run. I escaped before things got too bad." Trey said calmly.

"What exactly happened?"

"Well.... The official story is that nothing happened...... We came to something of a group consensus to never speak about what happened again...... It's too much of a..... um..... trigger. Let's just say if anything really did happen it was enough to make sure we can't use the underground facilities for quite some time." Trey whispered. Cezanna saw us talking and decided to join us.

"What happened yesterday, no one is talking about it?!?!" Cezanna asked.

"What do you mean? Nothing happened. Did you see something happen Oliver?" Trey asked cooly.

"Nope, not a thing." Oliver answered.

"Didn't you say something about a Gnomeaggedon yesterday?" Cezanna asked. Suddenly it became so quiet that one could hear a pin drop and everyone turned to stare at Cezanna with a pale expression. Cezanna looked even more confused, but knew better than to keep asking.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but luckily (yes, luckily!!!) it was time for class and I could take a break from all the weirdness. The teacher soon called us over and weapons class officially began. Even he wouldn't look directly at me anymore......... I guess I was at least lucky he didn't try to punish me for making him miss out on the petting zoo. Anyway, I walked towards Trey, getting ready for my usual beating.

"Before we start with our usual class, I have a few announcements to make." The teacher said much to my surprise. "As you know the first weekly inter-school competition of the year is about to begin, first, I will announce this year's inter-school tournament team." He continued. Oh... it's just this........ I don't know why they bother with this every year, it's always the same people.... "The team this time is comprised of Trey, Ken, Cezanna, Orion, and Oliver." He finished

What?!?!?!?! Me........ How is this possible!!!! I'm too young to die and things are going so well with Cezanna (Well.... Maybe that one's a bit of a stretch....)!!!! Why would they put me on the team?!?! Oh.... Wait....... Gnomeaggedon!!!! You've come back to haunt me after all. But come on, I can't even do a repeat performance if you don't put Charlie on the team!!!!!

"Also, Oliver is the team captain this year!" The teacher continued. Team captain...... You mean the team captain role that has a 90% fatality rate? That team captain? No matter how you look at it aren't you trying to kill me off?!?! Then what would become of this story? Do you think you have what it takes to be a main character? The story of the teacher from Hell that tragically never made it to the petting zoo!!!! Wait a minute........ isn't that bizarrely captivating?!?! I really don't want to care, but there are just so many questions........ Of all the things to do in Hell, why a teacher?...... and why the petting zoo?....

"That brings me to my final piece of news," The teacher continued. What? There's more. Please stop, if you keep going I fear at this rate I'll be killed off before even making it to the competition. What's next are you going to have the tournament team train against live Wildebeests unarmed?

The teacher looked at me for a moment before continuing, "For reasons that need not be explained, there is a new school rule. Music composed by Wagner is no longer permitted anywhere near the school......"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note- If you actually want me to write "The Teacher from Hell that Tragically Never Made it to the Petting Zoo." please comment below. -Author's note.