The pen is Mightier than the Sword Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Finally we had classrooms. What is so great about classrooms? The answer is simple; they make it more difficult to bully others. Finally I had some form of defense against Ken. Most of us were still too scared to look around the school, so we just stayed in the classroom. Ken had almost no way to get to me now.

Our classroom was one of the classes past the blue circular room. The class itself was large and in the shape of a square with a large spiral pillar in the middle of the room. The classroom itself was surrounded in blue marble like the blue circular room that led to it.

While I was looking around the classroom, I found that I had wandered to the side of the room and the only person near me was Cezanna. I tried to make my way back to the other side of the room before she noticed me, but before I could, she tossed a rock gently towards me. The rock had been used for telepathic storage. The moment I touched it, I heard Cezanna's voice in my mind. The message was: Meet me after class and let's explore the campus. I nodded towards her and rushed to the other side of the room before she could notice the smile on my face. I immediately placed the rock in my pocket.

When lunch came around I was still in disbelief. I was still thinking of whether or not I should pinch myself to find out if I was in the middle of a dream, when Ken appeared. When I said the classroom environment made it difficult for Ken to bully me, I meant it. Unfortunately Ken didn't seem to care about who was around. It's amazing that no one seemed to notice though. Ken slammed me against a wall and prepared to punch me in the stomach, but I turned sideways trying to protect the rock even though it not in danger to begin with. Ken noticed that I turned and immediately thought I was hiding something, so he forced me to empty my pockets. I would have rather died than had the rock fall into Ken's hands so I quickly dropped it on the ground and told Ken I didn't have anything in my pockets.

Even if I had something valuable in my pocket and had given it to him he would have hit me, so I didn't think it would make a difference whether or not I told Ken the truth. But, Ken somehow noticed the rock next to my leg and picked it up. He was probably planning on reinforcing his punches by using the rock, but the second he picked the rock up his face contorted into a malicious grin.

"Hey Oliver, you know I've always like Cezanna," Ken said. A look of extreme horror flashed across my face, but Ken somehow noticed it. "Oh, poor Oliver, does that look mean that you like her too? I feel sorry for you man, I mean you already know I'll win her over way before you do. Come to think of it even if I wasn't after her you'd probably never win her over." He continued. Then, he destroyed the rock started laughing and walked away. I continued to stare at him throughout class next period, wondering what exactly he was planning to do.

After Class I ran away as quickly as possible before anyone could notice me. I somehow ended up in the second purple circular room. I ran to the center of the room and just started crying, while thinking of everything that had gone wrong and everything that probably could. I was thinking of what I'd do to Ken if I ever got any type of power. Then, I heard footsteps and stopped abruptly. I managed to clear my face of any signs of tears and turned to see Cezanna.

"There you are Oliver, I was looking for you," she said, in the sweetest voice I had ever heard in my life.

"Hi Cezanna," I responded weakly.

"Hurry up, let's explore the school," She answered, while grabbing my hand and dragging me towards the classrooms near the purple circular room. We continued to look around the school until we reached the brown pathway. I didn't really notice much more on this expedition than I did when the janitor showed us around the school (probably because I was staring at Cezanna half the time). We were about to try opening the gateway in the brown room when Ken appeared behind us.

"What are you doing with Oliver when you can explore with me Cezanna," Ken said, "Haven't you noticed how useless he is? Just watch and let me open your eyes. "Ken ran forward and tried to smash me against the fence, but Cezanna intervened. She opened her wings, spread magic into her arms and legs and punched Ken upward with so much force that he hit the ceiling and was deflected downward. At that moment I felt incredibly embarrassed and left before Cezanna could say anything else. I had been struggling against Ken for years to no avail, but in a moment Cezanna defeated him. I was ashamed the girl of my dreams was the one defending me, while I stood there uselessly watching. I knew that if she ever needed my help I couldn't help her and decided to run away from my horrible existence. I went home packed my belongings and left, although I knew I would eventually have to return.