Chapter 7

I quickly made my way to school dreading seeing Cezanna again after making a fool of myself the day before. I slipped into our classroom and for the first time in my life was actually looking forward to seeing Charlie. I ran into him and jumped toward him, hugged him and said, "Charlie, stay as close as possible to me today."

"You're scaring me." Charlie answered suddenly getting nervous. I guess this is probably the only time I've ever approached Charlie of my own free will. This is an interesting reaction though!! Maybe if I run up to Ken and randomly hug him he'd be confused enough to leave me alone for a few days. Well that's assuming I survive the whole running up to part...........

Suddenly a loud wailing noise assaulted our senses. We'd heard this a few times before after discovering our class buildings, but I never thought it was important. We just kind of come to the collective decision that it was the class bell. Yep the class bell............ don't think about it anymore....... Anyway, it was time for class to officially begin and as always first period was weapons class. But today, it was weapons class with a twist! 2v2 duels today..... Something about the teacher needing to cut class short to go to a petting zoo (No one dared ask why.......). As usual I walked up to Trey, hoping he'd have an idea on how to make this 2v2 matchup manageable.

"Don't think of running Oliver, there's no escape today!!!" Ken said as he walked toward Trey and I, "Trey, let me join you."

Trey sighed, then turned to face me before saying, "Sorry, Oliver."

"Just a minute, let me join in on the fun!!!" Cezanna said while skipping toward me, much to my mortification. I must admit though, seeing the look on Ken's face when Cezanna showed up was extremely satisfying, I guess he was worried he'd have another close encounter with the ceiling.

"Thanks, Cezanna, but I already promised to fight with Charlie today," I lied after stopping to think for a moment. Charlie just stared blankly at me. I imagine he had a few choice things to say, though much to his credit, he restrained himself for once. Honestly, I think he probably was too scared to resist at this point, he probably thought I'd really lost my mind. I turned toward him and whispered, "Trust me." I don't think it helped.

Ken started laughing so hard he was in tears. I think he was trying to speak, but just couldn't find the words. Cezanna seemed just as shocked, but shrugged and walked to the side. Trey gave me a questioning look. I walked towards him, patted his shoulder and said, "I'm sorry for what's about to happen Trey, but trust me when I say run. Run as fast as you can and never look back." Trey gave me a confused look before gulping then nodding in agreement.

We took our places and waited for the teacher to tell us when to start. I took a moment to look at Cezanna. She looked back blankly. If I don't make it back, I want you to know I loved you!!!!! If I do make it back, I want you to forget everything that is about to happen!!!! I swallowed then turned back to face Trey and Ken.

The duel finally began. Trey just stood there slowly backing off as though he was ready to run at any moment. Ken tried to approach, but I threw my sword at him to slow him down for a second. Then I did the most natural thing possible. I walked towards Charlie and nodded, then I proceeded to pick him up and throw him at Ken much to everyone's amazement. Then I started to back off and yelled at the top of my lungs, "Igrit Infernus Opulum Refus!!!"

A voice suddenly sounded in my mind. I wasn't that surprised because I'd long since heard about things like this happening. The spell's consciousness spoke to me and said "Due to special bloodline considerations additional effects have permanently been added to the spell Igrit Infernus Opulum Refus. First, whenever the user begins invoking the spell, his voice will be augmented to create an aura of absolute fear. Second, the users eyes will glow for more dramatic effect (really again with dramatic effect?!?!) !!!!! Finally, the spell has been given a special auditory effect!!!! Anyone near a Refus will hear Wagner's "Flight of the Valkyries" played in a never-ending loop until they manage to extricate themselves (Isn't that just more dramatic effect.............). Despite my misgivings, I finished casting the spell and I do have to say the bonus dramatic effect did make it that much more satisfying. When my eyes started to glow and my voice changed, everyone gasped and excitedly yelled, "He's using magic!!! He's actually using magic!!!". Of course, I didn't stick around long enough to find out what was happening. The second the spell ended I ran toward Cezanna grabbed her hand and kept running. To her credit, she followed without asking any questions. I ran. Ran as fast as I could. Ran without daring to look back for even a moment. Ran even when the screams started. HAHA!!! MWHAHAHA!!! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!