Chapter 31- Anticipation

*Ring Ring Ring Ring*

My eyes snapped open at the sound of my alarm clock on my dresser.

*Ring Ring Ring Ring*

I looked over at it and knocked it onto the floor. It hit the floor with a thud.

Damn clock...woke me up from my sleep..

I thought in my  head as I decided ten more minutes wouldn't hurt. My eyes closed slowly and I got more comfortable in my sheets.

And that wonderful dream...

I sighed dreamily and smiled as I was ready to slip back into sleep.

Suddenly my eyes cracked open again and I threw my covers off sitting up straight in my bed.

"Dream?!" I shouted out loud as I gripped my sheets tightly. My voice rang throughout my room and throughout the hallway since my door was open a little.

"Shut up!" I heard my brother yell in a sleepy voice through the wall and I gasped not realizing how loud I was.

I looked back down at my sheets, staring at them in a daze.

Suddenly I spotted the stuffed Tiger from the circus, on my other dresser and there, on its paw, was the bracelet, the one with kittens on it.

My birthday present

From Justin

Justin...

But did we...?

I couldn't finished the sentence in my head because that last word was a word I never dreamed could go with the words "Ebony" and "Justin".

His name echoed inside my head and I could feel my face heat up and my heart slowly beat in my chest.

I threw my self out of my bed, landing on my hands and feet on the floor. I ignored the pain and quickly got up, heading to my bathroom.

I threw the door open and flicked on the light. When I looked in the mirror I saw a girl with ugly bags under her eyes and the messiest hair ever. A little bit of drool rolling from her mouth too.

It was a terrible sight.

But I also saw a girl who was flustered and fidgety. I lifted my hand up and touched my lips slowly. They were warm.

Does that mean...?

Did he really...?

"Kids!! Time to wake up. Breakfast is ready!" I heard my mom's voice ring from the kitchen and I snapped out of my thoughts for a second. I could hear my brother groan loudly from his room and I looked back at myself in the mirror.

Maybe that part... was just a dream.

------------------------------------------------------

After brushing my teeth and getting ready, I came out the bathroom and looked at the stuffed Tiger. I took the bracelet off its paw gently and put it on my wrist.

I really loved it, not only because I loved kittens but because it was a present...from him. So it was special.

I quickly headed downstairs and the smell of pancakes hit my nose.

"Morning Eb." My Dad said as he glanced at me with a smile and then looked back at his newspaper. I smiled and said good morning back to him.

"Morning Sweety." My mom said while she was cooking the eggs and said good morning to her as well. My brother was sitting across the table on his phone and greeted me with a glare, probably for waking him up while he slept. I frowned and sat down in my chair.