Chapter 14- Alone with Him

I've finally reached the park where the amusement park is held. I was peddeling so fast that I got tired and sweaty. I quickly took out my to go perfume and spritzed it under my pits and on my neck.

I walked on over to the bike racks and I locked my bike to it. I then began to search for my friends. I was walking with my arms crossed holding my purse. I walked pass the thing where they dunk the people in the water by hitting the button.

I remember joking with Justin one day about how I'd dunk him in one someday. Of course this was before the day when I knew I....liked him. Even saying it made me a little dizzy. It was all too confusing.

Out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of a blonde shiny curl fluttering in the wind.

Rebecca!!

Actually it was not only her. Chase, Luther, and Jenny were there too.....but no Justin.

They were paying for tickets and Chase and Rebecca were arguing about the cost of the tickets and Luther and Jenny were trying to calm then down.

I let out a small laugh and walked up to them.

" Hey Guys sorry I'm late I over slep-"I began to say.

They cut me off by giving me and group bear hug nearly crushing my bones.

"Ebony you are always late for things you bitch!" Rebecca said with a laugh.

"We thought you would miss the whole thing" Luther said with a smile.

" Oh Ebony I was so worried" Jenny said her eyes becoming glassy.

"Youre lucky you got here in time" Chase said ruffling my hair messing it a little.

"Okay Okay guys can I breathe?!" I said to them struggling as they squeezed the life out of me.

"Hey Guys sorry I'm late I over slept" A random voice said. Is that me?Cause I could have sworn I just said that.

My friends slowly departed from the hug and looked to see who said that.

And then I saw him.

Justin.

He looked so....different. It was weird....he looked...nice.

He was wearing dark black jean pants and a blue t shirt that clung to him showing off his....muscles? He also wore a grey beanie over his spiky red hair.

"Hey guys....whaaat did I miss?" He asked looking confused as he looked at everyone of their dumbfounded expressions.

And then his eyes landed on me.

His eyes bulged and he slowly looked me up and down and I could have sworn his cheeks turned a pinkish shade. I think he has noticed my makeover. Not that I needed one.

Who am I kidding?I soo needed one.

Rebecca and Jenny slowly moved back from us. Im guessing they wanted us alone. Chase and Luther still stood by us for a few seconds before they were pulled away by their girlfriends.

I took in a big gulp because for the past minute no one said a word and I knew I had too. So I sucked in a breath and uttered out.

"Hey...Justin..." I said softly with an awkward smile. That took a lot of work.

"Hey..." He said looking me up and down one more time "Ebony..." My name rolled off of his mouth softly and I swear my cheeks got hot.

As if to break Justin and I out of our trance Rebecca piped up.

"Hey...uh...Justin were gonna go and buy some cotton candy...you stay here okay?" She said giving him and big toothy smile.

"Okay ,Ill come with y-" I started to say.

"No no no...you stay here...with Justin...just meet us here in like 30"

Wait what?What is she doing?!

I started to object but Rebecca shot me a glare that could scare a murderer. So I stopped speaking as I watched them walk away. Jenny sending me a "good luck" smile and Chase and Luther sending me "I finally know whats going on" looks. Damn boys....so slow sometimes.

I heard someone clear their throat behind me and realized it was Justin.

"So I guess it's just us now huh?" He had his hands in his pockets and he was looking the other way, almost in an attempt to not look at me.

That made me so nervous. Us being...ALONE. Why wasnt he looking at me?Did I not look good to him?

"Uh...Yes I suppose...What should we do?" I asked him and he peeked up at me with that devilish smirk on his face.

"Let's go win some prizes Beanstalk" He said and strode away towards a booth.

Oh god this is going to be a long day...