Chapter 5- Failure

"So you didnt win Luther's heart?" Justin asked. I just filled him in on what went down when I walked with Luther at the Water park on Friday.

I left out the stuff about Jenny cause I knew he'd be pissed if he had any indication that he liked her. Well I don't know if Luther does like Jenny but hopefully he doesn't. All I know is that he thought of me as a guy and Jenny thought of Justin as a girl.

"Nah, He thinks of me as a guy apparently" I told him my shoulder slumped while sitting in my chair.

"Hmm I guess the shoes on the other foot now huh?" He says with a sly smirk on his stupid face. It was obvious what he was referring to. Two thoughts were swirling through my mind: Should I be offended by how amused he is or guilty since the same thing happened to him? I rolled my eyes.

"I really don't need to hear this from you Midget." I say more offended than guilty.

" Maybe you shouldn't come to me with your problems then bigfoot!" He said and I gasped. That was a low blow. I was very sensitive about my feet and he knew it.

I flicked him in the head as hard as I could and stood over him."Leave my feet out of this troll!" Wasn't my best comeback but it certainly made him mad.

He was about to retort when Mr.Landin walked in looking at me and Justin with daggers.We were silently standing pointing fingers at each other when we realized he wanted us to sit down.

"How sweet of you two to listen to my telepathy" He said sarcasticly. He began saying good morning to the class,beginning the lesson, and giving us classwork blah blah blah all the boring stuff.

Suddenly a folded up paper flew my way. I gasped in spite of myself. Mr.Landin shot me daggers while everyone looked at me like I was crazy. I needed to know why they felt the need to stare at me like I'd grown two heads.

But anyway back to the paper. I opened it up slowly afraid of making noise. It read:

Were all stopping by the Chinese restaurant to get some food

You in?: Yes or No

Pass this along to Justin

I looked back at Rebecca who had obviously thrown the paper. She raised her eyes at me as if to say- You in? and I replied with a quick nod and a smile. She pointed at the paper then at Justin implying that I should give it to him. I made a pouty face and mouthed the words- Why me? She just glared at me and mouthed-just give it to him

I sighed and was about to tap him in the shoulder but Mr.Landin turned around from the board so I couldn't. He wasn't looking at me but he could tell when I was trying to talk to someone.

"Psst" I whispered to Justin but he didn't seem to hear me.

"Pssst" I whispered and he glanced at me confused mouthing the word- What? and I moved my hand towards him and motioned for him to take the paper. He reached for it but it dropped from my hand when he touched it.

Mr.Landin heard it and looked at me and Justin.We gave him innocent smiles but he wasn't buying it.

"What do we have hear? Passing notes hmm?" He walked over towards us and snatched the paper off the floor. Oh no we were dead!!

"Let's share this with the class shall we" He said triumphantly. I sighed since there was nothing really embarrassing or private about what was said on the paper,unfortunately Mr.Landin chose to make it seem that way.

"Justin would you like to come to the Chinese restaurant with me-"

"Yes or No"

I opened my eyes so wide they almost fell out of my head. No No No No!! I cant believe he just did that! In front of the whole class too! How dare he make it seem like I would ever ask Justin out! Frickin Justin! Hell to the No!!

Everyone looked at me in awe but who really caught my eye was Justin. He was gaping at me his eyes wider than mine and his face slightly flushed.

"No No No No No No that is not what the paper says" I said trying to reassure the class especially Justin

"No need to feel embarrassed Ebony I'm sure Justin will say yes" My teacher said with a triumphant smile. He knew exactly what he was doing. The jerk.

I put one hand on my face facepalming myself. Surely Justin didn't think that was what I says...Does he? I peeked through my fingers at him him, shaking my head trying to destroy any bi

He nodded understanding that that's not what it said.He let out a very long and exaggerated sigh.Okay I know he thought I liked him but seriously would me liking him be that big of a deal.....never mind don't answer that

After class I cleared things up with him after Chase,Rebecca,Jenny,and even Luther were done laughing at the whole incident

He agreed to come with us to the restaurant after school.Luther and Jenny said they had something important to tell us.I wonder what it is but we'll just have to wait until after school.

I have to say that incident in the classroom was an utter FAILURE