Chapter 28 - A Gift

Ebony Cruz-

Right now all my friends and I are seated at our usual table in the lunch room.

That includes Justin.

Yep and he's sitting right beside me.

Not don't start getting your hopes up, nothing happened or anything.

Its been a two weeks since the great Teachers Vs. Students Basketball game and I'm actually .....happy that I cheered for Justin.

That's right. I'm glad I did it because if I hadn't Justin and I wouldn't be seated next to each other right now.

We would be seated on the far ends of the bench, far far away from each other but since I settled things with him and my friends everything is cool now.

We barely even talk about the past anymore

Although....I still think about it.

I know what you're wondering. Do I still like Justin.....

Well....the thing is....

"Hey, where'd you get that ring Jenny?" I was interrupted by Rebecca's voice as she turned to Jenny eyeing her finger.

I looked down at her ring finger and there wrapped around it was a shiny gold ring with crystal gems surrounding it.

Jenny wrapped her hand around her finger biting her lip.

"Uh...I-It was a gift" She whispered softly and spun the ring around on her finger.

Rebecca smiled and grabbed Jenny's hand holding it up to her face closely examining it.

"It's so pretty. Did you get it for your birthday?" Rebecca asked her and I immediately remembered that Jenny's birthday wasn't that long ago.

It was about a week ago and although we all wanted to throw Jenny a party she insisted that we not because she didn't want to put us through that much trouble.

So instead we all took her to the movies to watch The Jungle Book.
She cried throughout the movie.....three times.

Luther dried her tears and took her home after she said she had an amazing time.

"Yes I did" Jenny said softly and looked down at her lap.

"Who got it for you?" Chase curiously asked this time.

Jenny's eyes peeked slowly up at Luther and then quickly drifted away as her face glowed red.

Rebecca's hands flew straight to her mouth as she squealed and Chase smirked.

"Awww oh my gosh Luther you bought Jenny that gorgeous ring didn't you." Rebecca asked excitedly already knowing the answer.

Luther's face reddened deeply as he tried to avoid Rebecca's impatient eyes.

"Of course......a gorgeous ring f-for a g-gorgeous girl" He stuttered nervously as his eyes peeked down at Jenny as she tried to hide her tiny cute smile. She reached over and grabbed his hand slowly bringing it to her heart.

I couldn't help gushing a little, the little fangirl inside me creeping out. They were just the shyest couple in the whole wide world which made them so cute.

Now that I think about it I can't believe that I used to like Luther. I mean sure he's cute but he is obviously perfect for little Jenny and vice versa.

A thought crossed my mind as my head tilted sideways and my bottom lip popped out trying to suppress a long "Awww"

I wondered how Justin was reacting to this...