Fifteen- Change of attitude

The boys stared at each other with growls escaping their lips. Tears started to well up in my eyes and the other boys helped keep Louis and Zayn away from each other, dragging them back.
‘It was a mistake, okay? I did it before I knew you actually loved her.’ Louis pleaded. Zayn just stood there, obviously not impressed. He sighs deeply before loosening his grip on Niall and Liam.
‘Alright, mate. Just hands off my girlfriend.’ Zayn calms down. To be honest, I’d never seen Zayn so angry, and it really scared me. The moment he punched Louis frightened me. If you were on Zayn’s bad side, I’d avoid him at all costs.

Zayn takes my hand securely. Louis bows his head, and I felt really bad.
‘I think it’s time to go, thanks for having us…’ Niall murmurs, shuffling the boys out of the apartment. I smile and nod, picking up the picnic basket, blanket and bags of stuff we’ll need for tonight. I’d already packed my overnight gear in a small bag with a blanket and pillows, so I grabbed that as well, and I lead Zayn down to Lily’s apartment. I knock loudly on the door, hoping she’s still home. Liam and Lily both answer the door, holding their overnight bags. Liam has a rather blank look on his face and Lily has a grin from ear to ear.
‘Hi, I’m Lily, and this is Liam!’ Lily almost squeals, shaking Zayn’s hand.
‘Nice to meet you, Lily and Liam, I’m Zayn.’ He replies smiling. He has the smile of a sex god. Another mental face-palm. Don’t I just go great on dates?

Liam weakly smiles and moves around us, heading up to my apartment.
‘I’ve heard a lot about you, Zayn!’ Lily squeaks in delight, and Zayn laughs nervously. ‘Oh, good things don’t worry. Now, you too have fun, see you both tomorrow!’ Lily skips off, catching up to Liam. I was a bit worried she would bump into Niall.
We ushered into the apartment and dumped our stuff in the kitchen, as we wouldn’t need it. I just placed all the extra food in the cupboard and fridge, taking the picnic basket and blanket with us. I led Zayn out the door and down to the lobby where we observed the misty atmosphere outside. It was already quite dark, but it was light enough to see each other. We made our way over the road to the same park we were at yesterday, and I picked a spot near the fairy garden to set up our picnic.

I lay the purple and white checked blanket upon the damp grass, the lights from the fairy garden lighting up our picnic. The boys were going to be elsewhere, distracting all the paps from bothering us, so our date should be close-to-perfect. I place the picnic basket beside me and take out the sandwiches, passing them to Zayn. He smiles and unwraps the glad wrap from them, and we slowly build a conversation. At first it was completely awkward and I was nervous, but we soon warmed up to each other, really enjoying the picnic.

The lights around us shined, and the park had an electric buzz which made the date worthwhile. Zayn and I chatted about childhood, and from what I understood, he had a normal life up until X-Factor. He talked about life on the X-Factor and what it was like doing the tours, how much the staircase actually meant to them… it was actually extremely amazing to hear. I talked about how I’d moved from one country to the next, and then moved into Monique, and although my story was no way near as fascinating as his, he acted as if it was and he listened anyways.
BEST. BOYFRIEND. EVER.

As we started to run out of food, we folded up the blanket and cleaned up all the remaining mess. I picked up the basket in one hand, and with the other I go to hold Zayn’s hand- but he has other plans. He wraps his arm tightly around my waist, bringing me close to him, and we just causally strolled back up to my apartment. I already missed the lights of the garden and the atmosphere in the park, but I was guessing that it was time to get warm under a blanket and watch some movies. I showed Zayn my selection of movies and he chose ‘Friends with Benefits’ and ‘Horrible Bosses’, and I grinned like an idiot. I think he must’ve read my mind, because those were the two movies I was hoping he would pick.