Nineteen- Choices

'Violet, wake up love.' A hand strokes my cheek, waking me from my sleep. Are you serious, mysterious person? It's only like.... 6am! 

'Its 9 o'clock, you have a work shift in half an hour.' SHIT. I shoot up from my sleeping position to see Monique smiling at me and walking out of the room, in her work uniform.  

'I'm starting my job today!' Lily screams, running down the hallway. I giggle as I hop up, immediately putting on my work uniform and preparing for a rather early shift. Collecting all my stuff, I head out into the main apartment where Lily and Monique are glued to the TV, which was switched to some morning show talking about the boys. I roll my eyes at how Lily used to never watch these, and now she was basically stuck to the screen. Funny how things change in a matter of days.

Like déjà vu, I collect all my things and head out the doors without the girls even noticing my absence. I casually walk past the hallway Zayn and I had snuck down, smiling wildly to myself. A man in his late 20's down the other end of the hallway frowns and looks at me weirdly, causing my cheeks to flush. I head down to the bottom floor.  

'Excuse me miss, are you... err... Monique?' A lady behind the counter hesitates.  

'No, that's my best friend... why?' I question, sending the lady a puzzled look. She just blushes and pulls out a letter from the pigeon holes, passing it to me.  

'Would you be able to pass this to her then?' The lady basically whispers, pushing the letter over the counter. I nod and take the letter, shoving it into my bag. The lady straight away continues typing on her laptop, pretending I was never here.

As I sit down behind the counter of my work, I see Rosalie shoot me a grin and continue organising the shelf. I know that look- she has news. I roll my eyes grunting and pretend to engage myself in more work. She slowly shuffles over; pretending like she isn't getting closer to me, but anyone within a kilometre radius could see that. I sigh and look up, raising my eyebrows at Rosalie. This catches her attention and she runs over, a massive grin occupying her face.  

'One Direction are roaming Melbourne today!' She squeals, biting her lip.  

'Yeah, with 5 bodyguards each!' I say in a flat tone, but she doesn't notice and protests, trying to prove her point.  

'So? I want to see them, but I'm on shift!' Her voice saddening.  

'I'm sure they'll come in here...' I say under my breath, but she hears me. I guess I'm not very good at talking under my breath, am I? She stares at me with a confused glare.  

'Not in my lifetime.' She mutters, walking away with a can of condensed milk.

I smirk, pulling out my phone. I was in a rather happy mood today, so I guess I could brighten Rosalie's, too.  

'Hey babe. Can you and the boys stop by at work, pretend like you're just buying a magazine, I don't want suspicious glares. Love xx' 

I sent the text to Zayn, hoping he was able to come in. Imagine the look on Rosalie's face- it will be priceless. Then she can meet Paul again, and be a 'Higga Nigga'. Hahaha, that name still make me laugh.  

I suddenly remember the letter I had received on behalf of Monique and it made me curious as to who sent it. 

I read the address which was to Monique, and instead of being typed it was hand written. Who might this be from? 

I flip it over to see the return address was all the way in California. I frown, and now I'm extremely curious because Monique had never been to California, or really been very associated with it, so who could it be from, and what wasn't she telling me?