Thirty Four- Disneyland

We stood where Monique had stood last night. She was completely tense and she kept blabbering on about nonsense neither I nor Lily could understand. I guess we had to cut her some slack, she was about to see her boyfriend of a month and she had to break it to him that the first time they’d actually even done anything sexual he got her pregnant. They’d talked to each other over the international Wi-Fi and organized what they were going to do when he got here. He was staying just for a few days until they could become relatively stable about this whole thing. I knew for sure they’d come out when she was four months pregnant, or hold it off for longer if she could hide the baby bump that was soon to appear. Her palms grew sweaty and she started to shake, and no matter how many times I tried to calm her down, she would get worked up again and push me away.

The doors to the arrivals opened and closed continually and Monique started to doubt Harry. She came up with horrible realities and scenarios and she was so busy thinking of these she didn’t even realize a tired looking Harry emerge from one of the doors. His dimly lit eyes lay on her and as she looks up into them, a charge seems to electrocute them both and they come alive. Monique immediately brightens up, as does Harry, and she leaps into his arms. Within seconds the paps start to come over but Lily and I swat the few that were there away, blocking their view. Harry and Monique stay like that for a good 2 minutes before they were forced to move along out of everyone’s roads. I drag them out of the airport, promising they could have some alone time in the car- Which they do.

Lily and I occupy the front seats while Monique and Harry sit on each other’s laps in the back, Monique playing with Harry’s curls and he draws patterns on her skin, breathing in the scent of each other. It just makes me realize how much I miss Zayn. Harry catches me glancing at them via the rear mirror, and I quickly avert my gaze elsewhere.
‘Zayn really misses you know, Violet.’ He sighs, looking down at Monique. ‘I asked him to come with me and trust me, he considered it, but it was too risky. We couldn’t just leave our fans. He gave me a letter to hand to you, but he got so wrapped up in actually writing it he left it on his desk.’ We both let out a humourless laugh, but mine was more depressing. The thought of him missing me was comforting yet discomforting, if you get what I mean. You really need to miss someone and for them to miss you the same way to know the feeling.

‘Baby?’ Monique says and looks up into Harry’s eyes. It takes him a second but he looks back at her, and there wasn’t even any tension between them.
‘What are we even going to do? I don’t think it’s a good idea and management won’t allow it. I refuse to ruin your career.’ She basically whispers, and beside me Lily pouts, admiring their relationship.
‘I can’t let you abort it babe, it’s murder. I just couldn’t. It wouldn’t ruin my career, I swear to god it won’t. I don’t give a fuck about management.’ He strokes her arm lightly and she rests her head against his chest.
‘You can always elope together!’ I joke, and everyone slightly chuckles but the car falls silent.
‘I won’t let you or our baby go.’ He only just says within my hearing range. From the rear view mirror I see Monique start to sob into Harry and he comforts her, and I immediately pout, watching them. I felt empty, and watching them wasn’t helping much.

Luckily, we have a safe trip home. As we enter the house, Lily quickly spins around, eyebrows knitted together.
‘What happens now? Are we supposed to go home?’ She panics, biting her lip.
‘Well unless you want to go sight-seeing…’ Monique suggests.
‘YES!’ Lily and I both chime, looking at each other.
‘DISNEYLAND!’ We also chorus. Harry titters at us but we shrug it off, getting excited.
‘Tomorrow, calm down.’ She says as if it was nothing.
‘WE’RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND TOMORROW?’ Lily squeals, and I feel a grin creep across my face.
‘Yeah, why not? Let’s all go!’ Harry shrugs, and I just about pass out. I wasn’t prepared for this much excitement. Harry quickly kisses Monique on the cheek and she leads him through the flat, showing him all the things she showed us last night. Although Monique was tall, she didn’t quite compare to Harry. We’d all come up with the theory it was his abnormally long torso.