Nine- Roses

Well, last night was one of my biggest regrets. I stand in the shower, feeling the warm washing over my body, washing away the dirty feeling. There’s a rather large pain between my legs (I wonder why) and I feel like a complete and utter whore. Who the hell goes and loses their virginity to their boyfriend who they’ve barely even been seeing a day? I felt so low I barely even had respect for myself. It probably wasn’t as bad as it seemed. We were going to do it sooner or later, but I’d always thought as myself being the girl who’s respected, who doesn’t sleep with her boyfriend until they’d been on at least 6 dates. Well, what’s done is done, and I can’t change the past. But for next time, I’m not going to give in so easily.

I turn the shower tap of hesitantly, feeling the cold air hit me straight away. I do a mad dash across the bathroom, being careful not to slip, and I grab my towel, embracing the warmth it provides. I was acting childish, but I didn’t care. It was cold. With the towel wrapped around me, I run to my bedroom, where I change into my work uniform and plait my wet hair. I always did this after the shower for two reasons; one being that it keeps my smelling nice, and two being it turns my hair wavy. As a child I’d always hated having straight hair, so when I was 8, I started doing this, and I never stopped.

I applied some light make up and headed out into the kitchen. Monique was sitting on a bar stool waiting for me, and she’d already set out my bowl and spoon.
‘Where did you go last night?’ She questioned, looking me dead in the eye. I wouldn’t lie to her, because she’d track where I was anyways.
‘A photo shoot.’ I replied casually, pouring some cornflakes into the bowl. She thinks for a minute and then frowns.
‘Who’s photo shoot?’ I thought about it for a second, and I couldn’t come up with anything.
‘A friend’s. They wanted me to come along and help with costume changes.’ I say, it wasn’t exactly lying now, was it? A smirk spread across her face.
‘MY BABY IS GOING SOMEWHERE!’ She coos, pulling my cheeks. I slap her hands away and give her an angry look, so she just grins.

I finish off my breakfast in silence and collect a few items for the shift, and walked straight out the door. I was over-reacting, but Monique was getting quite nosy and obnoxious lately. It was rather annoying. As soon as I walked into the store, cold air hit my face. It wasn’t usually this cold, so I go to turn down the temperature when I notice one of the freezers was taped off. Freezer leak, AGAIN.
I go back to the front of the shop and sit behind the counter, and surprisingly, we have no customers for the first hour I’m there. Since it’s only a 3 hour shift, I suppose I would be bored out of my mind for the next two hours.

Spoke too soon. In comes a young lad that I recognise. Louis.
He walks up to the counter with a massive grin on his face, obviously glad to see me. I smile and swivel on my chair, and he approaches the counter.
‘Morning love. So this is where you work? Nice!’ He says. I nod and sigh, looking around. The shop was a mess because neither Rosalie nor Oscar were in today, and Sean was somewhere out the back. There’s an awkward silence between Louis and I before he decides to break the silence.
‘I really am sorry about yesterday morning. I don’t know what came over me. I told Eleanor and she understood, but we’re taking a break for now. ‘He mutters in a rush, looking up at me with his gorgeous eyes.

‘Sorry to hear that, Louis. And it’s alright. Just forget about it.’ I weakly smile, fiddling with my fingers. He shoves his hands in his pockets and looks down. I put my hand on his shoulder for reassurance, and he just smiles thinly and walks out again. I felt sorry for him; I knew he really liked Eleanor. I’d never actually met her, but I’d seen pictures of her on sugarscape, and she made me look like a potato. I swivel back around to the computer, where I attempt to play pinball. I suck at it though.
The high score was Sean, on a number which was in its millions, closely followed by Oscar, and then by Rosalie. Funny to see I was at the very bottom, with an extremely low score.
For the rest of the time I was working my shift, I worked hard to try and beat at least Rosalie’s score. No luck.