Chapter 7

Noah's POV

Everything seemed to slow down as I lay in the darkness. The yelling voices behind my eyelids were the only thing that kept me from falling deeper into the darkness.

I opened my eyes against the glaring white lights, sitting up in what appeared to be a hospital bed. Daniel sat next to me, clasping my hand in his own. When I moved, he shot up, checking my vitals, my hearing, and my vision. "Noah! Are you okay?!"

I nodded slowly, and he heaved a sigh of relief. "What happened?" Daniel smiled softly. "You passed out do to lack of sleep, malnutrition, and overwhelming​ stress. You had us really worried, Noah. Please, don't do that again." My eyes widened. "The baby?!"

"Don't worry, your baby's fine." That calmed me, and I had time to analyze what he said. "Us?" Daniel gestured towards the door. "I'll be right back." He left the room, and not even a minute passed before Liam burst into the room. He tackled me, pulling me into a hug. "Noah... I'm sorry."

I didn't move, and let Liam take his time, holding me close and rocking me back and forth. His breath was shaky, and I could tell he had been crying. Guilt ran through me. "I'm sorry, too. For what I said. I didn't mean it. I was angry, and upset, and-"

"Noah, it's okay. As long as you're okay. But, I want to ask you something, and I want you to answer truthfully. Am I really the father?"

I took a deep breath, looking him straight in the eyes. He looked desperate, like he wanted to be the father. And he was. "Yes... You are the father." Just like that, his eyes lit up, the largest smile I'd ever seen spreading across his face. Liam placed a tentative hand on my stomach, gently rubbing up and down.

His movements became firmer as he continued, until he was once again hugging me. "Thank you... Thank you." He pulled away and bit his lip. "But, I have another question. It was you wasn't it? That night." I sighed, nodding again. "Why did you leave? Did you not want me? Did you-"

"No, it's not that, it's just... I was just a one night stand. A stranger. Most people wouldn't want to have anything more than that, so I left. Of course, maybe I wanted it to continue, but I didn't want to impose or force myself on you. I mean, it was probably new to you - sleeping with a man. Why would you want a relationship with one?"

Liam was silent, watching me with sad eyes. "I... Suppose that's true but, I really love you. I don't want you to leave me. Okay? Promise me you won't disappear like last time. Please, Noah."

"...... Okay. I promise I won't leave." A grin of relief overtook his features, and he leaned in, pressing his lips against mine gently. "I love you, Noah."

"... I love you, too, Liam."