Quandry

Things had been going pretty well in my new home. I only need to feed occasionally, and no one had noticed that there are fewer homeless men on the streets.

The problem with homeless men is that most of them are old and all of them are worn out by drinking, illness or drug addictions. They don't have a lot of virility left to feed on. It's easy to go through a lot of them in a short time. I am careful to pace myself, conserve my energy and only feed when I need to. 

It's better to feed less often on younger healthier males. So much to offer, so succulent, so full of life and virility. One of them can last me a long time if I am careful. The problem is that people realize when they disappear and are gone. Questions are asked, inquiries made. That can be bad news when you are trying to fly low and not be noticed.

As I said, everything was going well. Other than Mr. Geine trying to find excuses to keep me after class so he could make clumsy attempts to flirt or feel me up, I was happy with the whole school thing.

Two weeks into the school year I found Blake. I don't know why I hadn't noticed him earlier. 

My third period class is Math. There isn't much opportunity to flirt or talk in that class, which may partly explain how I missed him. His name is Blake and he is different. 

Blake is beautiful. Blond hair, sparkling blue eyes. He is nerdy and smart both, not very athletic but slim. Not an ounce of fat on him. He has this angelic innocence that defies description. That is another reason I overlooked him before. 

It was one of those rare days when the lesson is short and the teacher gave us some time to work on our math homework. A shaft of sunlight burst through the clouds outside and lit him up like he was part of a stained glass window in a church or something.

When I searched his mind I found nothing. No dark corners, no hidden desires. Blake is the only person I have ever met that is exactly what he appears to be.

I was instantly attracted to him. I have never been attracted to a guy before. The only experience I have had is with girls. I can't feed on girls, which makes them the only safe relationship for me. It's bad manners to suck the life and essence out of a lover. Females have been my only option when I want to feel loved and require companionship.

In the beginning it was just talking with Blake over lunch. Later it was hanging at the park with him after school. The better I got to know him the deeper I fell for him. He was always on my mind and in my thoughts. I got a little obsessed and started to explore ways I might be able to have a normal boy girl relationship. I allowed myself to believe  it was possible. If I was well fed, careful and exercised self control I might have him without destroying him.

The first time we kissed almost ended in disaster.  I had walked him home from school. No one was at his house. His parents had gone grocery shopping or something. He asked me inside to get a sandwich and a coke. 

I followed him into the house.  I could tell he was feeling shy. I knew he liked me back, I had been in his head to make sure and I knew before he did that he wanted to kiss me.

He made our sandwiches, opened our cokes and as he handed the bottle to me, he leaned in and kissed me on the lips. 

I thought I was ready for it.  I wanted it. I knew I could resist the temptation to take him right then and there. I thought a lot of things. I was wrong in an unexpected way.

When he kissed me, as soon as his beautiful moist cherub lips brushed mine, I burned. Not like catching fire and turning to ash or anything. It was more painful than that. My body felt like it caught hell's fire and the heat inside me built up fast. It had no where to go. It stayed inside burning, consuming essence. I thought I might die it hurt so bad.

He never even noticed. He went all shy, looking at his feet. He couldn't talk to me or look me in the eye for minutes after we kissed.

I was taken aback. I bit my lips trying to suppress the pain and retain control. I was prepared for the hunger, the need to feed and the desire to steal his essence. I was certain I could resist. I had fed the night before to prepare for this moment. In the end I wasn't prepared. Not at all. 

God's little joke on me I guess. Meet a guy that is perfect in every way. Lead me on. Let me believe for a while at least I might pretend to be normal, then snatch it all away in the time it takes for one beat of the heart.

I was crushed, disappointed. I was in a great deal of pain and I was in love. So deeply in love. 

At that moment I decided that it was all worth it. The pain, the hunger, the burning. I reached out to touch his face with my fingers. He looked at me and I kissed him again. I was on fire  inside and I didn't care. This is what I wanted. Blake was who I wanted. I was willing to pay the price.

After that day we were almost constant companions. I spent every free moment with Blake, and when he was home safe, I fed. Being with him, touching him, kissing and being held by him cost me dearly. 

I was burning  through life essence at a furious rate and I began feeding more often. Homeless men became a light snack and were barely enough to take the edge off the hunger. I started hanging outside bars and truck stops, choosing the younger healthier males and taking them quickly. I was taking more risks than I should and I didn't care. I had found my angel, I had found Blake.