Chapter 21: Birds and Bees

There's a photo attached in the side bar which shows the marks I'm referring to from the greek numerals 1 to 10.

“What did you do!?” I hear Danielle screaming at me as I wake up.

I groan and cover my head with the pillow, “What are you talking about, Danny?”

She sits on the bed next to me and snatches up the pillow, “You, Cher, did you and Brian like do the deed?”

“What?” I sit up quickly remembering what happened last night, “Oh my God! Keep it down before my dad hears. I’d like him to hear me and Brian first you know. It’s already awkward enough you and everyone else must know.”

“Oh you have no idea chica.” She looks at me sternly with one finger up. “We all know, we woke up and all of a sudden we’re so strong than when opened our doors they came off in our hands. And look,” she turns her back to me showing me the mark on her shoulder blade, “I now have a number marked on me.”

“That’s a number?” I asked squinting my eyes at the mark.

“You bet your ass it is! It’s the Greek numeral for three.” She sighed, “I rank at number three!” She looked pissed.

“Okay, Danny, be calm.” I pause wondering what Max’s rank was, “Three is not bad at all. And you’re the only female knight.

“Exactly!” she stood up scuffing, “I should be number one at least the solid number two.”

I burst out laughing, “Relax, at least you’re not number ten.”

She stopped pouting and laughed, “That’s so true.”  

I smiled at her shaking my head.

“Good morning.” Brian yawned walking through the door, “What’s up with the noise?”

“Apparently we’re numbered.” Danielle explained showing him her shoulder.

Brian’s eyes shot open, “That’s ridiculous.” He outlined the mark with his finger.

“You think?” Danielle said walking to the door, “By the way, you both might want to get down stairs and start explaining things.” She gives me a nervous look and walks off.

Brian and I exchange confused looks and decided to walk down to face the others.

When I got into the living room, I saw my father pacing around.

Oh crap. He must be furious with me. I mean I just did something with Brian that I probably should have waited to do.

“Hey dad.” I say nervously as he stops pacing and looks at me.

He doesn’t say anything. He just looks at me expressionless with his lips pressed into a tight line.

“Are you okay, dad?” I ask making sure not to get too close. I don’t know how he’ll react because I’ve never seen him angry before.

He sighed looking back and forth between me and Brian. He scratched his chin and places his hands into his pockets. “I can’t not be okay.” He finally says after a long pause. “I knew it would happen sooner or later between you two, but I at least thought I would have more time to prepare myself for…” he looked nauseous but he shook his head as if he was trying not to let anything of the nature to get into his thoughts, “Let’s not go there now, what’s done is done, just please next time don’t do it with me under the same roof.” He threw his hands up and left the room.

Brian exhaled hard, “I thought he was going to rip me a new one for a second.”

“You and me both,” I said covering my face, “I can’t believe he took it that well. I had this whole explanation planned.”