Chapter 3: Imprinting

There were only 10 girls here, apparently this was the least number of females they have ever had. And they were 40 unmatched males, they told us that imprinting came naturally and that we will know if our match is the right one because we will the pull of our mate.

I was totally and utterly confused but the other girls seemed to be fine with it, they found their matches in seconds. I on the other hand didn’t even know our kind existed and now I need to find Mr. Right and knowing my luck he would be Mr. Wrong.

I got tired of looking for someone, so I decided maybe I’d just find Brian, but my new enhanced sense of smell was really new to me, and I couldn’t place his smell to sniff him out, should have paid more attention to Hachi, when he was sniffing the frog… Eww.

I was about to give up looking and was all down on myself thinking maybe this Princess should be single and live with her pet Akita and sip Martinis on the beach, while watching hot guys play beach ball, once I learned to control my shifts. Then this wolf, with gorgeous jet black fur and a very interesting red marking on his forehead suddenly came near to me, I was intrigued at him and my heart jumped, I thought there he is, my match, plus he had markings too. I approached him and he seemed so nice and so proud, that I too felt a sense of pride to be there with him. He bowed his head to me and I did the same.

“Okay, all the imprints are complete. And the couples seem happy and contented with each other. If you have imprinted with someone from a specific pack, you will now be a part of that pack and if your partner is new then, they belong to their scout’s pack.”

I looked over at Mysterio with the jet black fur and interesting markings; he was standing so, soldier like, and kind of cool looking, like a knight. Mysterio... I’ll call him that, he’s one of my favourite wrestlers anyway.

“So Mysterio, what’s your name and what pack are you from?”

“I’m Max Salazar. I’m the annoying guy’s son.”

He seemed cold and uninterested in everything, but somehow I thought it was cool and knight like.

“Okay... So the imprint thing, that’s how easy it is?”

“Yeah. No butt sniffing like dogs do.”

I laughed, “I’m Cher. Nice to meet you.”

“Same here.”

He is funny, I like him more already.

“If your partner is already a pack member and he knows how to control urges and how to handle the other challenges we are faced with, like the hunger and the intent to kill, then they will be your mentor through this process, it is always easier to be thought by someone who cares for you. Those of you who haven’t been matched and are new, your mentors will be assigned to you and will visit you at your house, starting tomorrow.

Now, will the couples please join me as I perform your courtship ceremony.”

Max and I walked up to the platform, and I could see that John Thundra had a disappointed look on his face but he sat there, with some sort of approval at my decision.

“We will hold hands together

Laugh and smile together

Share our secrets together

And help each other together,

We will confess our fears together

Wipe each other’s tears together

Comfort each other together

And confide in each other together,

We will talk about the darkness together