Chapter 4: Hawaii

We got off the plane at Honolulu International Airport, Mark and his wife Linda were having a very lengthy conversation, now I knew why he was the one who spoke at the summit and other events, he apparently loves to talk. A lot! Max was looking as bored and annoyed, as he did for the whole flight; I guess listening to his dad would make anyone look that way. We were greeted by three pretty hula girls who put leis on us and welcomed us to Hawaii. I smiled and nodded at them, I looked across at Max, he had this wide grin on his face and was laughing. I thought it was nice to see him smile for once but I was kind of between being happy because he was happy and being pissed that he was flirting with them. Gosh, I’m right next to you for God’s sake!

We arrived at one of the Sheraton Hotels and again, a really pretty girl, with a tan and long, brunette, wavy hair, greeted us but this was the clerk behind the desk. Mark checked us in and complimented the customer service, while Max checked her out. What the hell dude? Again, I’m right here! And she flirted back. Sigh, why me?

We walked to our rooms, Max and I had a luxury penthouse suite, with a balcony, lovely flowers and a note that said, ‘just married’ and ‘happy times’, yea right. I put my bag down, which Max didn’t even hold for me once, and I walked onto the balcony, I looked down to see a hawt pool boy, flirting with some American girls at the pool, who were sipping on their tropical drinks. He reminded of that douche bag called, Maximillian Salazar, so I walked back inside to lie down. Max walked in, put his bags down, and the bellhop put the other luggage next to them. Max walked into the bathroom and changed into his beach shorts. He came back out and looked at me. I looked at him and forced a smile.

“I’m going down by the beach to surf, you coming?”

“Yeah… sure.”

 I thought I might get to know him better and forget he was flirting with those girls. I changed in to my black mono-kini, with white designs that crisscrossed each other and short black jeans. That yoga helped because I looked pretty hot; by the way I’m not super thin. I have a few curves. Max grabbed his surf board and we left.

Down by the beach Max met up with some surfers, he introduced me to them as his girlfriend, which was okay to me, because I didn’t really know him that well.

“I met these guys in the lobby; they said they come here every summer to catch the waves.”

“Okay, maybe you could teach me how to surf.”

“Sure, no problem. We could probably get you some lessons.”

Lessons? Seriously? You’re supposed to teach me yourself dude.

“Never mind, I think I’m gonna go over by those girls. I’ll just watch.” I scuffed.

“Kay.” Max said all nonchalantly.

I rolled my eyes, whipped my hair and walked away.

I sat by some girls who were very friendly. They said their names were Lilia, Nellie and Amber. They were so nice and they were all about 5’9” easily and looked like they had just stepped out of a swim suit collection runway show. Lilia was biracial and had a cocoa with vanilla skin tone with long, brown, curly hair a little below her shoulders and hazel eyes, Nellie was Latin and had nice flowing, wavy, jet black hair with lovely brown java bean eyes and Amber well, she was a fiery redhead with bangs and pretty green eyes that matched her hair and went nicely against her porcelain skin.

Amber turned to me, “So what brings you and your boyfriend to Hawaii?”

“Umm... we’re on vacation with his parents.”