Chapter 10: Brian?

Back home, the only thing I wanted to see was the shower and feel the nice warm water on my back.

“You look tired. Are you hungry.”

“No, I’m just going to shower and get to bed.”

“Oh okay, goodnight sweetie.”

“Goodnight mum.” I kissed her cheek and went to the bathroom.

Ah, the shower, the water felt like heaven on my aching muscles and bones. I did a little singing, I sounded terrible but I didn’t care. The song was stuck in my head all day. Rolling in the deep; just got to love Adele and her musical genius.

I stepped out of the bathroom to see my mother and my brother waiting to get in.

“Sorry, did I take too long?”

“Nope, not at all.”

“Bad! You sounded so bad! Hahahaha!”

I rolled my eyes, “Whatever Cameron.”

I walked to my room and dove on the bed. I was so tired. I didn’t even feel able to get in to my PJ’s. But I did anyway. After that I lied down on my back looking to the ceiling and drifted off to sleep.

The next morning I woke up to see Brian sitting by my computer desk, good thing I managed to get my PJ’s on. Great now he’s probably seen me drool and my hair in a mess, and my swollen looking sleepy face. I guess if he can’t like me at my worst, he can’t like me at my best.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes, “What are you doing here?”

And I had morning breath too. Sigh.

“I came to let you know we have to amp up your training.”

“Why?”

“We have avoided it long enough and now there’s going to be a war. Max has convinced his pack and their allies to fight us.”

I paused and thought about what he said, “Because of me?”

“That may be part of it, but I want you to know this is not your fault, Max is just a bully, there’s finally something that he can’t own.”

He was all up in my face right now and I was turning red.

“Uh, Brian - ” I put my hands on his chest pushing him away a bit.

“ – Shhh.” He put his finger on my lips. “I know this might be too fast but I have to tell this now because I don’t know if I will have the chance again to say it.”

My heart was pounding so fast, I had a feeling like I was about to melt. “You’re scaring me Brian.”

He brushed my cheek with his fingers, “Cher, I know you’ve gone through a lot these pass two weeks and you didn’t deserve what Max did to you, no one does. Truth is the first night I was sent to watch over you and you were by your window looking so solitary and sad, I felt like I was going to die, but then you looked at the hibiscus flowers and smiled and it warmed my heart. It was like I was hit by lightning and my heart stopped beating for a while. That is an imprint, and I know that you didn’t feel that with Max.”

“You’re right, I didn’t but I do feel that with you.” I was crying right now, oh my god, I felt so special.

He dried my eyes, “I love you.”

Okay, he kissed me and let me just say, it was like, heaven, I felt like I was floating into another dimension, it’s just like the song E.T by Katy Perry. I’d never felt so much love before, and I didn’t even brush my teeth yet. Wow.