Chapter 14: End of Summer

When I got back home I sat on the bed miserable. Hachi came and lied down by my feet. He looked up at me and whined softly.

I smiled at him and rubbed his head. “I’m okay really, it’s a lot to think about you know… What Max just said…”

Hachi licked my fingers, put his head back down and closed his eyes.

I heard the door to my room open. Footsteps trailed from there to the living room. It was the group I loved. I grinned at them.

“So Ceej, how was your riding?” asked Shane smiling.

“Well, it was okay. I barely knew what I was doing. But thank God that Hachi was with me. I think he told the horse to go easy on me.”

“Only you Risey,” Jade said shaking her head and sitting next to me.

I noticed everyone had showered and changed their clothes, was I gone that long?

“Cher, what took you so long?” Simone asked me worried.

“Well, I was so into it, I kind of forgot that I didn’t know how to ride a horse. Then I kind of got lost and saw Max.” I rolled my eyes and sighed.

“What did he do?” Shane asked ready for a fight.

“He just came out of nowhere and said he wanted to talk to me.”

“Did you talk to him?” Jade asked concerned. “I know you’re a softy.”

“Yes, I am cordial. But he was the same way he always is, so I wasn’t having it, I told him off.”

“Good on you.” Christina said proud, “If it was me though, I would have cut him.”

Everyone laughed but they agreed with her.

“So you’re okay,” asked Simone, “he didn’t try anything right?”

“Nope, but he said I’ve changed and he hopes I stay sweet.”

“Of course you will,” Shane said holding my hand, “but that doesn’t mean you lay back and let him do as he pleases.”

“Agreed.” Jade said nodding.

“Yeah, I’m gonna go get a shower and get dressed.”

“Okay, we’re leaving soon, so maybe you can come with us to the bus stop.”

“I will, I can’t believe school starts back after tomorrow.”

“Best believe it Ceej.” Shane said a bit excited, “I just wanna get this year over with and on to college life.”

“Yip me too.” Christina said packing her stuff.

I showered, got dressed and walked with my friends to the bus stop. It was nice talking and laughing and not thinking about Max. He just brings the whole mood down. I really don’t know what possesses that guy to bug me all the time when I’m happy. When the bus finally came after our 45 minute wait, we said goodbye and I went back home. I packed my bag for school cleaned up my room a bit. Then I logged on to messenger to talk to Brian. I felt better instantly, especially when he said he was coming over to take me out to dinner and catch a movie afterward.

Brian: So, I’ll pick you up at 6:30 this evening, I have to go and finish cleaning up outside.

Me: Kool, I feel so bad about that, I wouldn’t mind helping.

Brian: Its fine. Lol. My parents are helping me.

Me: Ok. I’ll be seeing you later then. ;)

Brian: Yea, love you Cee. <3