Chapter Twenty-One

Belinda stood at the balcony of the floor of the house that was above the blue waters. As she stared into the distance, she became lost in thought before Blaise stood beside her.

"I thought you were an ally of Fane—"

"I asked my sister to find you not because I like Fane but because Niko and I are friends."

She ran her hands through her curly hair. "Why do you hate him so much?"

He didn't answer her. Armelle and Ethan came from inside the house. Not wasting time, Belinda followed them into the wooded area behind the house.

Soon they stood at the cliff she had fallen from. Images flashed before her eyes. She had not fallen from the brink of the cliff by accident. No. Grace—a supposed ally of Fane—had shoved her.

Because of her, her parents—everyone from town was dead.

Heat spread through her veins as she clenched her fingers into fists at her sides. "I should have known Grace would try to kill me."

Armelle gasped. "What? It was her? Oh, all hell is about to break lose."

"It shouldn't surprise anyone though," Ethan said, studying their surroundings. "That woman is obsessed with Fane."

"So, What are you going to do?" Asked Armelle.

Belinda wrapped her arms around herself, but they didn't get to say anything else. Shots were fired. Armelle and Ethan managed to dodge them. Belinda placed a hand over her stomach for it to become bathed in blood. Armelle rushed to her side and clasped her hand as water rose from below the cliff.

Before Armelle could finish, a leopard leaped from the cover of the oaks and tackled her to the ground. Belinda moved forward but Ethan stoood in front of her and raised his hand. The waters wrapped around the leopard like unbreakable chains and pulled him into the river below.

Armelle turned on her back and stared at the sky. "Well, we should have seen that coming."

"Are you okay?" Ethan asked his sister.

Armelle nodded before standing back to her feet and staring at Belinda in utter disbelief. Belinda placed her hand over her wounds to realize they had completely healed. "Your a fast healer, even for a vampire."

"Let's keep moving. Clearly, someone doesn't want you to reach your mate," Ethan said. "Oh and we might have forgotten to mention that you took two months to fully heal from your wounds."

Belinda halted. "W-—What?"

"You're a unique vampire—another would have bled to death," Armelle said. "We didn't expect for you to survive. Less without Fane's blood...but it's more than clear your healing speed is what saved you."

Armelle inched closer to her to grasp her hand. She took out a blade and ran it across Belind's palm. Before she even completed the cut, it healed. "This is dangerous."

"Why?"

"Your blood is rare—No one can know."

"I think this will be quite hard to hide, Armelle," Ethan said, concern evident in his eyes.

For about an hour, they walked through the serene forest before, finally, the mansion came into view. It surprised her to see so many people in the front yard. The second they came too close, guards flickered into view, aiming their weapons at them. Belinda raised her hands and narrowed her eyes at how astonished the guards seemed to see her.

Well, if she remembered well the events, they presumed her dead.

When the guards lowered their weapons, she let her hands fall at her sides then somehow she sensed Fane in the mist of the large group. When all eyes were on her, they moved out of her way as she sprinted forward.