-CHAPTER TWO-

For the next few days, Belinda had to deal with not only the stares from everyone, but also the gossip. It seemed that most of the town now disliked her.

Perhaps, they had every reason too.

She stood in front of the full-length mirror in her bedroom, staring at the tattoo-like intricate half moon plastered on her forehead.

Her being in the town probably did put everyone in danger. However, they were also trying to blame her for the deaths of the four people.

Most people in the town seem to expect her to walk into the woods and wait there to meet her demise just like the other chosen ones.

At the moment, she was hoping for days to fly by faster so she would graduate. Though, it wasn't like she could live the rest of her life locked up in her house.

She leaned closer, and as the seconds ticked by, she could have sworn the mark on her forehead had a soft golden glow. When her eyes did the same, she gasped and stepped back.

Then, thoughts invaded her head, making it throb in pain. She grunted as she placed a hand against her temple and the soft glow intensified.

Her vision blurred seconds before there was an enormous corridor in front of her. Someone beside her laughed, saying something she couldn't comprehend.

Then it was as if her head had been smashed against the wall. A cry tore through her lips as she squeezed her eyes shut. When she fluttered then opened, she was back in her room, trembling, wondering what the hell just happened.

Her parents opened the door, concerned evident in both their eyes.

"Are you okay?" Her mother asked her.

"Sorry, I thought I saw a spider." A pathetic lie that was obvious her parents didn't believe. She tried smiling to assure them she was fine. It vanished the second her eyes fell upon the golden paper in her father's hand.

As she stared at it, she wished she could turn back time and stop herself from signing it without even reading it first. A foolish move that would probably come back to bite her in the behind.

"Did you read it?" She asked, her voice trembling.

Her father shook his head. "Sweetheart, only you can see its contents."

When he handed it to her, she didn't waste time. The second her eyes fell upon it, it was as if an invisible pen was maneuvered over the soft paper.

She was to become Fane's blood source.

She forced herself to remain calm to not freak out her parents.

Fane was a vampire.

She tried to remember any detail from the many books in the library of the town. Nope. Right now she couldn't think straight.

"I'm going for a walk."

Before her parents could stop her, she rushed out of the house. Of course, everyone was enjoying the wonderful weather, so she received plenty of stares. Some people even seem to make distance when she got too close.