Chapter 25

•·.·Chapter 25·.·•

It may sound bad but Aubrey wasn't as naive as he thought she was. She knew just what was running through his mind. Or maybe he wasn't as subtle as he liked to think he was. He blamed the alcohol. Either way, she knew what was running through his head and it scared the crap out of her. She was talking a lot more than usual and she only did that when she was nervous.

Right now they were taking a walk not too far from the restaurant. It was Aubrey's idea of course. If it had been up to him, he'd be screwing her brains out by now. But he didn't mind the walk at all. He suspected that she was buying time and he knew how to keep himself occupied.

He hung back just enough to keep a close eye on her as she walked ahead of him. He wasn't the only one keeping a close eye on her either. In that dress she drew stares from every direction. He didn't think she knew people were watching her. Sometimes she was clueless like that. She probably didn't even realize that he was watching her. For some reason, he often found himself searching for one - just one imperfection but he always found something that drove him up the wall instead. Like she had the sexiest dimples in her lower back. How the hell had he not noticed that before?

The faint voice of a woman threatened to cut into his focus but he made a conscious effort to ignore it. There was no devil in hell crazy enough to order him to 'stop right there'. Yet against his own judgement he found himself looking back. When his gaze landed on the woman she started waving like mad. He would have ignored her if Aubrey hadn't stopped him.

"Uh, I think that lady's trying to get your attention."

"No she ain't."

"She's pointing right at you."

Travis looked back and just as she said the woman was pointing at him. He walked off pulling Aubrey with him. "Don't know her," he said.

"So you're just gonna ignore her? How rude."

"She's the rude one pointing at me like that. I'm not even gonna entertain such fuckery."

Aubrey held onto the next street light they passed with one arm forcing them both to stop. "You can be such a jerk sometimes. Just see what she wants," she said folding her arms. The small innocent movement pulled the fabric of her dress tightly across her chest. Travis' brows raised an inch higher. Look who wasn't wearing a bra. He wondered what else she wasn't wearing. He slowly looked up from her chest to her rapidly moving mouth.

"-staring at my boobs and listen to me dammit!"

Shit. "What?" He grimaced when he saw her pissed of expression. What the hell did he miss?

Aubrey's eyes flashed up at him in annoyance. She set her hands on her hips. "Behind you," she said in a hushed voice.

Turning he came face to face with the crazy woman from before. His foot just barely settled back on the pavement before she started running her mouth. She needed to shut the fuck up.

"Do you remember me? Stupid question. Of course you do. And I remember you and I remember her." She wiggled her fingers at Aubrey and Aubrey did the same in return.

"You two make such an adorable couple. I'd love to see your babies," she squealed. She clapped her hands twice and rubbed them together as if she were trying to start a fire. Though the sweat glistening from her palms would probably out it. Irritation set a permanent scowl on Travis' face. Then he backed away as he remembered exactly where and when he saw her.

"Are you guys on a date?" she asked. Her light brown eyes went back and forth between him and Aubrey with excitement that damn near bordered on insanity.