Chapter 10

•·.· Chapter 10·.·•

Aubrey groaned and rolled over unto her back and stared at the clock hanging over her bed on the wall. It was 7:35pm which meant she had been studying for two hours and five minutes. Two hours and five minutes too long. She hated studying more than anything she could think of at the moment.

Spring break was two weeks so exams were coming on hard and fast and she couldn't wait to get them out of the way. For the past few days she'd been studying like crazy. The reviewing thing was going well but, sometimes her mind kept wandering back to her encounter with Travis in the bathroom. She still didn't know what to make of the situation. Travis was a mystery far too hard to solve.

He hardly spoke and when he did he never offered any hint about what was on his mind. It was so frustrating. She didn't know what to do. Of all the guys in the world she had to be interested in the most complicated and emotionally closed off one. Aubrey sat up as she heard footsteps coming towards her bedroom.

Cindy barged into her room and flung herself on the bed next to her. She never really bothered to knock. "I'm done. I can't take it anymore. The more I study the less educated I feel." She eyed the open book beside Aubrey and flipped it shut. "You should stop too. If you get too smart you'll turn stupid."

Aubrey laughed and searched around in her sheets for her vibrating phone. She checked to see who it was before she answered. "Hey Katherine," she greeted.

Cindy pulled the phone from her ear and put it on speaker.

"Hey Katherine," Cindy sang out. "You're on air with Cindy and Aubrey in 3, 2, 1."

"Hey Cindy," Katherine sang back. "What are you girls up to?"

"Just studying," Aubrey answered. She eyed the books and papers strewn across her bed and felt a hint of depression settle in. "I'm kind of done for the night though."

"I'm done forever," Cindy grumbled.

"Great. So do you remember a couple weeks ago I mentioned that Eric was having a little party? I know I never planned to go but I changed my mind. Come with me please?"

"Why are you so anxious to go all of a sudden?" Cindy asked. "I thought it was a guys thing."

"I thought so too but it's not anymore. They'll be a lot of his friends that I don't really know and I don't want to feel like a loner being there all by myself."

Katherine was beginning to sound a little desperate and that wasn't Katherine at all.

"And?" Aubrey pressed. There had to be something else. There had to be a reason why she wanted to go to the party all of a sudden.

"And," Katherine said slowly. "I just found out that Casey will be there too."

Aubrey raised a brow. "Casey? You mean the girl who's been trying to steal Eric from you since high school?"

"Yes," Katherine whined miserably. "I can't not go now. You know how Casey and her friends are. They'll come looking all extra hot and stuff. I need you guys with me. I can't have her hanging all over Eric. I trust him but I don't trust her. Come please?"

"After such a sad and heart wrenching story it would be cruel and inhuman of me to say no," Aubrey said.

Cindy huffed and flung her hair over her shoulder. "Girl, you know we will rip the bitch's extensions out if she so much as breathes in Eric's direction. We've got your back," she said with attitude.

Katherine squealed excitedly. "I love you guys. Ok so the party starts at ten. And of course it's going to be at 'Nine Shots'. Dress hot. I mean really hot. We have to outdo Casey and her clones. Oh and Eric's riding with the guys so I have his car. I'll pick you up at about quarter to ten. Bye!"