Chapter 15

•·.·✦ Chapter 15 ✦·.·•

"Once again, you are just overreacting," Aubrey said to Cindy while glancing over her shoulder.

At the far end of the crowded cafeteria, Travis and Hannah, a second year girl from his class sat together at a table alone. Travis told her they had been paired to work on an accounting assignment after the upcoming Easter break.

"She's touching him," Cindy said, her lips curling in a snarl.

"He passed her a pen," Aubrey responded flatly. She really didn't see what the big deal was.

"Her hand lingered," Cindy added. She was openly staring at the pair. She wasn't even trying to be a little subtle about it. And from the way was carrying on, you'd think Travis was her boyfriend.

Aubrey ignored Cindy and took a bite of her blueberry muffin. As soon as her taste buds registered the taste she gagged and spit it out into her napkin. She had never tasted something so horrible in her life. She deserved it. She'd heard rumors about how bad the food was but she thought they were all exaggerated tales. This would be her first and last time eating from the college.

"What is Hannah doing sitting with Travis?"

Aubrey and Cindy jumped. Once again Katherine manages to startle them with her unpredictable appearance. The cheerful, red head slid into the seat beside Cindy and looked at Aubrey questioningly.

"Yeah?" Cindy said placing her hand under her chin. "What is Hannah doing sitting with Travis?"

Aubrey sighed for what felt like the hundredth time for the afternoon. "They got paired up on a project. That's all."

Katherine nodded and glanced behind Aubrey's head at the pair. "So I'm guessing you don't know that Hannah likes him?"

Aubrey blinked at that a couple times but brushed off her surprise. "No, actually I didn't know. But she's allowed to like him if she wants to. It's not a crime and I don't care."

Even as she said this, Aubrey found herself mauling over Katherine's words. He took another quick glance over shoulder at the pair. "She seems nice."

"And pretty too." She added with a slight frown. Why was she noticing these things? And why were they bothering her?

"Honey, you don't have anything to worry about in that department. I mean she's really cute, but compared to you she's an ogre." Katherine said with an air of dismissal. "But she is very nice. It's almost sickening; I mean she's nicer than me. Do you know how hard that is to pull off?"

Cindy hummed in agreement and bit into her muffin. "Those are the ones you have to look out for. You blink and they'll snatch your man from right under your nose."

Cindy flipped her hair over her shoulder. "You know what I think? I think she's an undercover man stealer." She nodded in agreement with her own statement and took a rather large bite of her muffin. In seconds she was spitting the pieces out on her tray. She fanned her hands rapidly at the sides of her face while her tongue hung out from her mouth. "What the hell is this? It's so gross. Oh my god!"

Aubrey laughed so hard she thought she'd crack a rib. She didn't even care that everyone was watching her. A few persons even started to laugh and Aubrey was pretty sure that they had no idea why she was laughing.

"Anyways," Katherine said giving Cindy a strange look. She glanced back at Aubrey. "I've always wonder Hannah she likes Travis. Not that there's anything wrong with him but he's just not the type she would go for. Wasn't her last boyfriend like...a minister in training? Not to mention, her father would get a stroke if she ever brought home a guy like Travis."