Escape

((Hey guys I'm back, sorry about not updating yesterday something came up. But I'm back and hopefully getting back on schedule. Thank you for your patience and understanding. :) you guys are awesome.))

Mark feels the weight move off of him, and sighs as he still holds the sharp blade, stained a deep red. He sits up slowly and cautiously looks over to the man who'd just attacked him.

Jack had shifted back to his human form, clothes ripped and bloody, resting on his hands and knees and clutching his throat. He gasped for air, coughing and trying to stop the blood that gushed from his pale neck.

It had already begun to heal, however the pain was nearly unbearable, tears stung the corners of the Irish man's eyes as he struggles to breathe, feeling the wound in his throat burn from the silver.

Mark stands up slowly and looks down at the man almost apologetically, his brown eyes guilty.

"Sorry...."

The red haired man murmurs softly, silently thankful he'd just pierced the throat. Jack shakes his head, but stops as that only increases the pain.

"I-it.... It's.... F-Fine..."

Jack manages to gurgle, coughing once again as the wound heals bit by bit. Mark sighs and shakes his head as he turns to the door once again, unable to watch the scene any longer. He hated seeing Jack hurt, and all the red that spilled from his pale throat was sickening, anyone else would have died by now.

About twenty minutes pass before Jack finally sits up, dropping his hand from his neck as the last bit of skin peeled over it leaving his throat unscathed once more, though red stains his ripped shirt, hands, and the floor beneath him.

"That... That hurt..."

The green haired man sputters softly, his voice rough and scratchy. Mark shoots him an apologetic glance as he stands, simply wiping his stained hands on his pants and rolling his neck, a couple pops sounding from it.

"Sorry... I should have aimed somewhere less painful."

The red haired man apologizes with a small remorseful smile. Jack shakes his head, hesitantly reaching up and letting his fingers brush his throat, as though expecting there to still be a puncture in his flesh. His stomach growls again but he forces his animalistic urges away.

"Nope... I deserved that.... Sorry about... trying to eat you..."

The green haired man apologizes, a small nervous chuckle escaping him. Mark shrugs his shoulders and simply leans against the nearby wall.

"Pretty sure we're even."

Mark laughs softly, before a sigh escapes him. Jack nods and looks to the door with a raise of his eyebrow.

"Any luck with that?"

The Irish man asks simply, gesturing to the door and forcing himself to sit down in the wooden chair again, pushing away the feral thoughts that kept entering his mind.

"I was getting close... but-...."

Mark begins, cutting himself off before he mentions the attack again. Jack simply nods, lowering his blue eyes gently, regretful. The red haired man watches him for a second, wanting to say something but keeps his mouth shut and wipes the silver blade on his sleeve, sticking it through the lock once more and wriggling it around.

About forty minutes pass, Jack occasionally glancing up but forcing his gaze back down each time. It was obvious that hunger was getting to him, with all the healing he'd had to do it was nearly intolerable.

Finally a click sounds, making Mark's mouth curve into a small grin as he stands, keeping the silver blade in his hand, just in case.

The red haired man opens the door quietly, peeking his head out and listening. Silence.

Jack stands up as well following Mark as he makes his way from the room. The Irish man forces his eyes to remain on the blade in the man's hand, telling himself to resist the impulse to feed on his friend. The one who got him out.

The two men cautiously make their way through the empty building, Mark's eyes darting around, and Jack continuing to focus on the blade, his pupils shrinking and growing slowly.

Felix was nowhere to be seen, he must've left, expecting Jack to maul the red haired man.

It was nighttime, who knew how long they'd been trapped in there, or where Felix had run off to and when he'd come back.

Once outside the red haired man cusses under his breath, seeing his car was gone, Felix most likely having taken it. Who knew where...

Mark's brown eyes wander around the empty space outside vigilantly, squinting to see in the darkness. Jack however had no trouble seeing in the night, his blue eyes scan the space before landing on what they needed.

He nudges the red haired man gently and gestures for him to follow. Mark follows the green haired man to an old car, looking like it'd been sitting in that lot for no less than a month, a thick layer of rust covered it, and it's passenger side window was cracked, but it still looked like it'd run.

Before Jack can say anything Mark had climbed inside the driver's side, the doors thankfully unlocked, though it wouldn't be too difficult to break into it regardless.

The Irish man climbs in the passenger side and looks at Mark as he does something underneath the steering wheel, his head blocking whatever he was doing.

In a second the old pile of junk springs to life, startling the Irish man. Mark smiles to himself as he sits up once again, shooting a glance at the Irish man who raises an eyebrow.

"How the hell did you know how to do that?"

He asks in disbelief, simply earning a cocky grin in response.

"I know a trick or two."

He responds with a simple shrug. He puts the car into drive and pulls out of the lot, driving down the empty road, the small clock on the dashboard read 2am. Forcing his exhaustion away Mark drives down the road without another word.

Of course Felix knew where he lived, they couldn't stay there, but one thing at a time. Both men were exhausted, and in Jack's case starving. They would be fine with just one night.

The drive was silent, both of the males lost in their own thoughts. Finally after about ten minutes they pull into Mark's driveway, and instantly climb out, leaving the pile of junk in his driveway for now.

Inside the exhaustion finally hits, Mark releases a yawn and looks over to the Irish man, who didn't look tired, but very fidgety as his stomach grumbled.

"Sean-"

Mark begins softly before the green haired man shakes his head and smiles slightly.

"I'm fine... I just need to sleep."

He speaks simply, Mark nods and watches as he walks upstairs closing his door behind him. The red haired man sighs and forces himself to walk up the stairs, walking passed Sean's closed door, and falling onto his own, sleep instantly overtaking him.

That sleep is short lived as not an hour later Mark wakes up to the front door slamming closed. He jumps awake and rubs his tired eyes, forcing himself to wake up as he reaches into his nightstand, pulling out a small handgun and making his way stealthily down the staircase.

Once down, no one is there, he checks each room downstairs, the kitchen last, where he sees a note, written messily.

Went out. I'm fine.
   ~Sean

Mark sighs and sets the note down again, a part of his mind worried, though he forces that away. Jack could handle himself.

Regardless the red haired man sits on the couch, simply waiting for Jack to return, unable to silence the worry that twisted at his gut. He yawns and rubs his eyes, silently telling himself to stay awake, however he can't help it as his fatigue takes him over and he falls into slumber once again.