Feral

((Well, I know a lot of you have said I don't need to apologize for not being to update this weekend but I still feel bad. So consider this chapter another apology. :) Honestly I just can't wait to post this chapter.))

Mark bangs his fist against the door, cussing under his breath. He'd tried to break down the door once more, however only managed to hurt his shoulder. The door wouldn't budge.

He sighs and leans against the wall, letting his brown eyes wander around the room once again before they land on the silver blade that sat in one of the corners.

Getting an idea he walks over and grabs it, ignoring the feeling of Jack's blue eyes on him.

Jack's leg had healed by now, about an hour had passed since they've been locked in there, and the green haired man had stayed quiet. Though his leg was fully functional once again he still sat in that chair, blue eyes following every slight movement of the red haired man, almost like a hunter stalking its prey.

Mark of course had not noticed, too busy trying to find some way out.

The red haired man kneels down to the lock and lines the silver blade up with it. Gently sticking it in as far as it could go, which wasn't far, and wriggling it around, waiting to hear some kind of click but nothing happens.

After a minute he hisses in pain and cusses under his breath, dropping the blade to the floor, which now had a bit of red staining the tip of it. Mark clutches his hand as a cut leaks blood, it wasn't too bad, but could definitely need stitches.

"Son of a bitch..."

Mark mutters before finally turning his attention to the Irish man who watched him closely, finally noticing his odd behavior.

"Jack? You okay?"

Jack says nothing in return, his blue eyes locked on the blood, watching each drop fall from his hand and hit the floor with a small noise. His teeth sharpen in his mouth once again, and his pupils shrink. He heard his own heartbeat in his ears, or was that Mark's? He wasn't sure, but didn't care.

The delicious smell of blood finally made him stand from the chair, blue eyes never leaving his friend... His prey.

"Jack?"

Mark questions cautiously, slowly standing as well, and instinctively grabbing the silver blade in his good hand as he did. The green haired man's animalistic blue eyes move to the blade for a second, causing his lip to curl back into a snarl, exposing the sharpened fangs that now occupied his mouth.

Mark walks along the wall, slowly moving away from the man, who looked at him like he was nothing more than food.

"Sean. Relax... This isn't you."

The red haired man speaks calmly, hand clutching the blade tightly. Of course he didn't want to hurt his friend, but he'd do what was necessary.

Jack says nothing, he was already gone. His eyes turned to those of a beast, and he lunged.

Taking Mark by surprise Jack tackles him to the ground. Mark grunts as his back collides with the concrete and he lifts his hands pushing the man away as he tried to sink his fangs into his throat, going straight for the kill.

The blade had fallen from the red haired man's hand, laying only a little ways away from him. Pushing with all his might Mark manages to keep the rampant man at bay, at least for now.

Jack's bones shift underneath his skin, and gray fur begins to grow from his skin. His blue eyes lose any humanity they once contained as the beast takes over.

Mark groans and pushes with all his strength shoving the man off as he continued to shift, which frankly seemed very painful, as was evident from the small whimpers that escaped him.

The red haired man stands again, grabbing the blade and holding it in front of him as he backed all the way to the other side of the room. Finally Jack was no longer a man, but a large gray wolf. Normally Jack could control it at least a little, however he was starving, and his instincts took over. Leaving him nothing but a monster.

Its blue eyes travel to the red haired man again. He stalks forward, his paws making no noise on the concrete floor, and his lip curled into what seemed like a permanent snarl. His chest rumbled as he growled, drool seeping from his mouth, and his mind focused on only one thing, to kill.

"Sean... Control yourself... I'll get us out of here but you need to stay with me."

Mark speaks quietly, struggling to keep his voice as calming as possible. The wolf's ear twitches, he clearly heard him, but of course he didn't care. His instincts were all he listened to at the moment.

The wolf lunges again but Mark sidesteps it, backing away from it once again, keeping the silver blade in front of him defensively.

"I don't want to hurt you Sean... Listen to my voice..."

Mark continues trying to reach any humanity that the beast had, trying desperately to reach his friend.

"I know you... I know you're not a killer... You're not a monster..."

The wolf continues to growl, none of those words reaching Sean. Finally, it lunges again, Mark can't dodge this time and is tackled to the ground once again, thankfully able to hold onto the blade.

He shoves the gray wolf away with one hand, ignoring the stinging in his bloodied hand, and lifts the blade with the other, pressing it to the beast's chest, directly over his heart.

"Sean... Don't make me do this."

Mark begs softly, voice strained as the blade just barely pierces the beast's skin. Jack doesn't listen, doesn't pay attention to the blade, simply continues trying to tear into Mark's flesh.

Mark groans trying to shove him off one more time but is unable to as its fangs move closer and closer to his throat.

Soon enough Mark hears the wolf yelp as he feels his blade pierce skin deeply, and feels a great deal of blood pool over the blade, over his hand, and onto his shirt, staining it a crimson red.

((PLEASE DON'T KILL ME FOR THE CLIFF HANGER!!))