Chapter 1: Birthdays and Worries

Chat Noir and Ladybug have yet again defeated another akuma attack. Chat Noir is bothering Ladybug about her identity, but Ladybug said it's dangerous.

"Chat Noirrr! I have to go." Ladybug said in annoyance. "Can't you just... tell me something? Something about you. Pleassse?" He held her hand as he pleaded. "No. I-I can't." As soon as she said that, a smile was vanishing from his face. She saw how much hope he had had in his eyes. He looked so sad not knowing anything.

"Fine! Fine! I'll tell you something. But then you can't ask me anymore questions." She turned around towards Chat Noir and thought. "Hhhmmmm...oh I know! My birthday is in June."

"What day?" Chat asked as his smile reappeared.

"Not telling." She removed her hand from his and turned away. "I said I'd tell you something, but I don't have to tell you everything. It's bad enough that I told you the month."

"Well I'm gonna get you something. June is only a week and a half away and you deserve something special. I'll get you a gift on the first day of June. Your gift is going to be purrrfect." He said smiling at Ladybug.

"Fine. If you have to get me a gift, then you can. But I think a great gift would be no more Chat puns." They both laughed at the thought until they heard Ladybug's earrings and Chat Noir's ring start to beep again.

"We should probably get going before we change back. I'll see you tomorrow for patrol." Ladybug said as she walked to the edge of the school building.

"Ladybug."

She was about to go until she heard Chat Noir. "What? I know you'll miss me, but I have to go" She said laughing. 

"I know that. It's just that...well...you told me your birthday so I want to tell you mine."

"You don't have to-"

"I want to. It's only fair since you told me yours. My birthday is in September."

'That's weird.' Marinette thought. 'Adrien's birthday is in September too.'

"Well if that's all Chat, then I better get going." As she said that she swung off of the building with her yo yo. She swung across the city and dropped through the trapdoor on her balcony. Landing on her bed.

"Tikki. Spots off." Her suit disappeared and Tikki landed in her hands.

"I thought you said that it was way too dangerous for Chat Noir to know anything about your true identity?" Tikki said with a smile.

"It's not like I told him the day or anything." Tikki's smile grew as she looked at Marinette.

"It's no big deal. Just one minor detail about my life. He just wanted to know something" Marinette walked down the stairs from her bed and sat at her desk.

"What you couldn't resist those cat eyes?" Tikki said with a smirk. Marinette could tell what Tikki was thinking and she didn't like it.

"Tikki! It's not like that! We're just partners. Him knowing what month I was born isn't going to change a thing. He probably just likes to party or something."

Marinette pulled out her phone to check what time it was. "Eight o'clock. I should probably get started on my homework." Tikki flew onto Marinette's desk and watched as she completed her homework. Tikki always liked to watch Marinette do her homework. For some reason Physics seemed interesting to Tikki.

'I wonder why the akuma attack was later in the day?' Marinette thought to herself. 'For once I didn't miss any school. Well I guess I won't have to get any notes from Alya tomorrow.'

"Hey Tikki." Marinette said as Tikki looked up from her homework.

"Don't you think it was weird that the akuma attack was later in the day? I mean I didn't miss any school today and the akuma attacks are usually earlier in the day. Isn't that strange."

Tikki smile faded. "I don't know Marinette. You'd expect Hawk Moth to get tired too, but we can't know when he'll akumatize another victim. We just have to be prepared for anything at any time of the day."

A worried look appeared on Marinette's face. "That's the problem Tikki. We'll never know exactly when something like that will happen. I'm worried about him striking at night. When everyone's sleeping and no one knows what's happening outside of their houses. Something really bad could happen and I'd be too sound asleep to notice. And if I'm tired then I could mess up something like forgetting to capture the akuma. Anything could Hap-"

"Marinette!" Tikki stopped her and hugged her cheek. "Everything will be fine. You and Chat Noir always save the day." "But what if-" "No" Tikki put her tiny hands over Marinette's mouth. "Just forget about it." Tikki removed her hands from Marinette and looked at her.

Marinette got up from her chair and her worried look disappeared. "You're probably right Tikki. I'm probably being paranoid or something. Maybe I should just try to get some sleep. I'll finish my homework tomorrow."

Tikki smiled. "That's better Marinette. Worrying isn't gonna get you anywhere."

. . .

"Plagg, can believe that?" Adrien said as he fell on his bed with a sigh.

"Believe what?"

Adrien sat up and looked at Plagg. "Ladybug actually told me something about her. I didn't think she'd actually tell me anything since she always says how important it is for our identities to remain a secret."

"It's not like she told you her name. Now do you have any Camembert? I'm starving."

"Here." Adrien said tossing Plagg a piece of Camembert. Plagg swallowed the cheese whole in one bite. "But now I know what month her birthday is in. And I just might know the perfect gift."