Chapter 10: Spells

The next day after school:

Marinette was sitting on her bed reading the spell book once again. She had almost finished looking through every page of the book, but still hadn't found anything that could help her. Tikki sat on Marinette's shoulder and helped in the search for the right spell.

"What if there isn't a spell, Tikki? We might be wasting our time searching through this book if there is nothing." Marinette stated, laying her chin on the book.

"Even if we don't find anything now, we'll keep looking. You can't give up. There's always a ways out of a situation and you'll find it." Tikki preached.

"I hope you're right, Tikki."

"Hello. Marinette?" Alya called, stepping through the trap door.

"Up here." Marinette waved down to Alya.

Marinette picked up the book and walked down the stairs.

"I heard about some spell book that you have and came over to check it out."

Marinette held out the spell book to Alya.

"This is the spell book, but . . . I haven't found anything that will help me get back to the Betweens."

"Well I'm here now to help you and maybe I'll even be some extra luck in your search."

"Maybe, but I've almost finished looking through the book." Marinette said, opening the book back up.

"You might have looked over something, Marinette. Try looking for a different kind of spell instead of one that's just going to take you somewhere." Alya advised.

"Well here."

Marinette handed Alya the spell book and she flipped through the pages. Alya looked through the book for five minutes before stopping at a page.

"I think I found something useful."

"What?!" Marinette shouted, looking over Alya's shoulder. "What did you find?"

"A secrets spell. It will tell us anything. Look." Alya pointed to a page in the book. "If you cast this spell on someone, they'll tell you the answers to anything. It's better than a truth spell since the person you cast it on will know all secrets about the universe."

"Thanks Alya!" Marinette hugged Alya excitedly. "But . . . who am I going to cast the spell on?"

"You can cast it on me. I said I'd help you." Alya smiled, giving Marinette the book.

"Are you sure Alya? I haven't cast it before. What if I say it wrong?"

"You and I will both be fine." Alya rested her hands on Marinette's shoulders. "Just cast it already."

Alya sat on Marinette's chaise and waited.

"Alright." Marinette walked in front of Alya, closed her eyes and chanted. "Revealer aller Geheimnisse kommen heraus und bekennen!"

Alya's eyes turned to a gold and she seemed to be glowing.

"What must I confess?" The deep voice emerged from Alya quietly. "What answers do you seek?"

Marinette's eyes widened as she stared at her friend in surprise. The deep voice that was now inside Alya was creeping out to her.

"Oh . . . um . . . " Marinette scratched her head and thought of what to say. "Do you know about the Betweens?"

"Of course I know the Betweens." The voice laughed. "I know everything."

"Yeah. That was a stupid question." Marinette mumbled. "So . . . Is there . . . any way . . . to get into the Betweens?"