Chapter 8: The Findings

Marinette's head hurt from running into the pole outside of Master Fu's massage shop, but she was starting to remember everything that had happened when she was akumatized and when she was in the Betweens. Adrien was helping her walk to class since she was a bit dizzy and still trying to remember everything.

They had walked into the classroom five minutes before class started.

"You're different." Alya whispered to Marinette. "You just walked into class with Adrien and haven't completely fallen over yet. How did you manage that? Did you being akumatized give you some massive confidence that overpowers your awkwardness?" Alya questioned. "I can see that it gave you a bruise on your forehead."

"Oh yeah." Marinette said, putting her hand on her forehead. "And I'm not that different. I uh . . . realized that I should try being Adrien's friend first. And I realized that me being awkward is just going to make him feel awkward too. I'm trying my best to not melt away or burn up when I'm around him. Unfortunately, I can't control my clumsiness. I just hope I don't embarrass myself too much in front of him." Marinette rambled.

"Maybe now you can finally ask Adrien out." Alya laughed.

"I don't think I'll ever be able to do that no matter how much I try."

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng!" Chloe shouted at Marinette. "Last time I saw you, you ran away crying like a little baby. Heard you went missing because you can't face the truth." Chloe laughed at Marinette.

"I was akumatized Chloe and it was because of you!" Marinette said with a stern voice as she stood up.

"Oh please. You still can't accept the facts that you caused everything and it's all your fault."

"It was both of our faults that I was akumatized and I'm fine, thank you. Now I don't need your attitude today, Chloe. So just sit in your seat and leave me alone."

"What ever." Chloe said, marching over to her seat with her "best friend" Sabrina.

Marinette slumped back down in her seat as class started.

Marinette could hardly pay attention at all during class. She spent the entire time thinking. Her mind couldn't stop thinking about what everything she was remembering meant.

'When I was akumatized . . . Adrien had kissed me. He also admitted to having a crush on me. Was it . . . true? Does Adrien actually like me or was he just saying that to save me? He told Mari, "Adrien Agreste doesn't just like you, he loves you." I need to know if Adrien actually likes me.' Marinette laid her chin on the desk in confusion. 'He loves Ladybug, but . . . how does he feel about me?'

The bell rang for everyone to go to their next class and Marinette needed to talk to Adrien.

"Okay, see you tomorrow class. Don't forget to do questions 10-20 on your homework." Miss Bustier called.

"Adrien." Marinette said, her voice getting quieter.

The entire class left the room, leaving Marinette and Adrien alone.

"Yes." Adrien asked, turning around.

"How do you actually feel about me?" Marinette blurted, surprising Adrien. "You always said that you loved Ladybug and you said that you liked Marinette before you saved the akumatized me. Did you just say that stuff to save me or what did you-"

Adrien placed his finger over Marinette's mouth to stop her.

"I meant every word that I said. Everything that you heard was true and I would never lie to you on purpose."

Adrien's words put a smile on Marinette's face. She immediately hugged him in response.

"So what are you doing for lunch later?" Adrien asked with a smile.