Chapter 9: The Truth

Alya dashed up the stairs to Marinette's room and ran over to her friend who was sitting on the chaise.

"I have so much to tell you, but I still don't see why I had to come over here."

"I told you. It's easier to feel your excitement in person."

"Okay." Alya said giving Marinette a confused look. "Well . . . you made me come over here, so you better listen to my whole story before you freak out."

"What? When do I freak out in the middle of your stories? I'm perfectly relaxed."

"Yeah . . . your are so calm and collected." Alya chuckled. "So, what I asked you over the phone. Have you ever heard of it? The name kwami."

"I u-uh . . . n-no. I haven't heard of it." Marinette tried not to get nervous. She knew that Alya would notice.

"Well, a kwami is a sprite-like creature that helps someone with a miraculous, transform. They're amazing little creatures that are basically immortal."

"How do you know all of t-this?" Marinette said, starting to sweat.

"Well . . . I know all of this . . . because . . . I have a kwami!" Alya squealed. "I also have a miraculous too. Isn't this amazing?! I get to help save Paris."

"Wait. You have a miraculous?! But . . . how?!"

"I don't really know how. I just found a small box in my room with a necklace inside. When I opened the box, a kwami appeared and told me that I'm now a superheroine named Volpina."

"T-This is insane. Are you sure about being Volpina? That could have all been a dream." Marinette babbled.

"I'll prove it." Alya announced, unzipping her bag. A fox kwami floated up from the bag as she pulled out a necklace. "This is my kwami, Trixx. And this is my miraculous." Alya clipped the necklace around her neck and smiled.

Marinette's eyes should have fallen out of her head by now. She was astonished by what Alya had just showed her. Marinette slipped her phone out of her purse and started to text Adrien while Alya talked.

Marinette: We kind of have a problem. May or may not be good.

Adrien: What kind of problem.

Marinette: Alya has a kwami and a miraculous!

Adrien: Really?! She has a miraculous?

Marinette: She's Volpina! The real one at least. She came over to my house and told me everything, but I don't think she knows about us.

Adrien: We'll have to tell her the truth about us now. If she's going to be helping us protect Paris, then we shouldn't be keeping secrets from her. I'm coming over right now.

"What are you doing!" Alya shouted.

"U-Uh . . . texting Adrien."

"Adrien?" Alya glared. "And why are you texting Adrien?"

"Me and him are . . . dating . . . now." Marinette squeaked as she sank down into the chaise and hid behind her knees.

"Dating?! Marinette! Finally! It took you guys forever to get together." Alya screamed, hugging Marinette. "You should have told me sooner though. But at least now you guys can double date with me and Nino."

"U-Uh yeah. Why not?"

Marinette hadn't read Adrien's last text yet because she was questioned by Alya.

'I'm coming over right now. What?! No! He can't come over. Alya can't know yet.'

Marinette: No! Don't come over! Not yet! Not now! No!