Chapter 5: The Revealer

Chat Noir laughed as he watched Ladybug swing away.

"Amazing. She truly is amazing. But still clueless." He smiled.

'Marinette just told me that she has a crush on me and she doesn't even know it. I never knew, but how did I not see it before. She would stand up for her friends in front of the entire class, but she couldn't speak one sentence to me. I've got to go find her. She's off to find me at the party and I have to make sure I get a dance with her.

Chat Noir leaped through the air and headed for the Le Grand Paris hotel.

. . .

Ladybug hid in a corner outside of the hotel and detransformed into Marinette.

"Luckily I didn't change out of my pink dress earlier, Tikki."

"See, I knew you weren't stupid like you said." Tikki laughed.

"I can't control when I'm smart. I only succeed when I don't try. Now lets go inside Tikki."

Tikki darted into her purse as Marinette walked to the front entrance. Marinette went inside and noticed Alya at a table full of desserts.

"Hey Alya." Marinette said, tapping on Alya's shoulder.

"Marinette?! You actually came? I didn't think you'd come." Alya said, confused.

"I changed my mind."

"Did you changing your mind have anything to do with a tall, blonde haired model?" Alya smirked.

"Is he here? Did Adrien come?" Marinette blurted.

"Ya and Uh . . . " Alya peered behind Marinette's shoulder. "It looks like he's staring at you."

"What?!" Marinette shouted, instantly turning around and meeting the gaze of Adrien Agreste.

Adrien smiled at Marinette, making her blush as he moved across the room to her.

"Hey." Adrien breathed.

"U-Uh hi."

"Would you like to dance?" Adrien asked.

Marinette's face turned even brighter pink as Alya quietly laughed at her.

"What? W-With me?"

Adrien nodded his head as he continued to smile at Marinette.

"You want to dance with me? Uuuhh . . . sure."

Adrien's face lit up with joy. He grabbed Marinette's hand and led her to the center of the dance floor. Marinette could hardly feel her feet as Adrien Agreste held her hand.

'Why does Adrien want to dance with me?'

As Marinette and Adrien reached the center, the music had changed to a slow dance.

'A slow dance! Me slow dancing with Adrien Agreste!'

Marinette's heart dropped as Adrien wrapped his arms around her waist. She had stopped breathing for a few seconds, but managed to put her hands on his shoulders.

"You look beautiful, Marinette."

Marinette jumped at the sound of his voice. "Thanks. Y-You look beautiful too. I mean you look better than me. You look more beautifuller than everyone here. You Uh . . . always look beautiful." Marinette looked at her feet in embarrassment for what she had just said.

Adrien lifted Marinette's face up and looked deep into her bluebell eyes. "No one in this room could even compare to how beautiful you are." Adrien whispered to Marinette. Adrien leaned in to kiss her as Marinette's face froze.