Page Seventeen

05 December 2011

                Anton called our landline. He said that I should take care of Suzanne while he’s away.

                Suzanne has been ill for days. Vomiting early in the morning and having a bad mood—but I think that it’s because she’s been puking her guts out. Being sick sometimes irks me as well.

                She had been avoiding food like asparagus soup, beef with mushroom soup, and everything normal. I have no idea what she wanted already. I was just concerned by how pale and wraith-like she was. Maria was worried about her. She wasn’t supposed to barf her food out especially she’s suffering from a sickness.

                Praying became a frequent job in the house. Everyone else was worried about Suzanne.

                The only thing that she told me to write was this:

                My end is nearing. This suffering is far too painful to endure. If only this sickness will disappear, I promise to spend my remaining days in happiness.

                My doctor said leukaemia doesn’t cause severe vomiting, unless if it hit my liver and spleen. Tomorrow, I will be sent to the hospital for testing. I hope I can still recover from it.

                Angelo helps me often. I appreciate it. I hope that he would always be beside me…

                Then, I am so touched by how good she is to me. I know that I can’t be with her, but she’s like the air that I breathe. I can’t lose her. I hope she leaves a single remembrance when she leaves…I will treasure it in my whole life.

                I hope that in the afterlife, I will be able to meet her in time…and hopefully, be the first one to love her again.

                Sincerely yours,

                Angelo Gallo and Suzanne Dodds