Page Twelve

15 November 2011

                Me, my doctor, Maria and Angelo were left in the house. It gave me enough freedom to saunter around the house. Some of my in-laws were so perplexed by how I move around the house—considering that I’m sick with leukaemia—that they’d always push me back to bed and take a rest. Now, since they’re all gone to somewhere else, I’m free to move. My doctor doesn’t complain, saying that I need to stretch my hardening joints due to bed arrest—which my in-laws made.

                And when I said some, it never meant all. Angelo and Maria were the only in-laws I have that allow me to use my feet around the house.

                I just noticed the bed. It was placed against a cabinet. What was across the bad was the blank wall. Bare. Really bare—except with the paint, of course. If you were a sane person, you would always opt to place your bed against a naked wall, not against a cabinet…right?

                Curiosity kept it boiling. So, I moved the queen-sized bed away from the cabinet. Maria then ran toward our room and stopped me from opening the cabinet.

                “DON’T…OPEN THAT!!” exclaimed Maria from my room’s doorstep. I looked at her with a questioning face and insisted to open the cabinet. It was a cabinet of normal clothes, just like the usual cabinets you’d normally see in a guy’s room. I stared back to Maria, who almost went down to knees to beg me not to open the cabinet.

                There was nothing you can call a secret (they were trying to hide something there obviously). I arranged a bit of the mess there. There were picture frames left faced down as if trying to hide whoever was on the photos. Then I saw a younger Tony.

                He was with a close friend—basing from their mildly intimate pose. Tony’s arm was around the guy’s waist as their smiled for the camera.

                I hoisted another frame. Tony and the same friend were there again. It seemed that in that shot, Tony held the camera up. The same guy holds a blue cotton candy that they seemed to share. The background says they shot it in an amusement park. I noted the identical rings found on both boys.

                Another one, shot by the unnamed guy, it was the two of them again. Tony seemed to sniff the guy’s hair while looking at the camera at the corner of his eye.

                “Suzanne,” Maria sobs in, “Tony used you for cover…”

                Secretly hurt,

                Suzy

****************************************************************

Ooooh, I guess I got lost in my track and accidentally merging one of my about-to come story with this one. Sorry! But, deal with it, I wrote this. (Am I sounding rude already?) Please comment, vote, and add to your reading list!