Chapter 14 : Ring

The next morning me and Rocket wake up early and go into the kitchen with Groot. While Rocket waters Groot I make us Tea. I take the teas over to me Rocket at the table and sit down next to him. I'm about to drink my tea when Groot grabs my left hand. He touches the ring and I can't help but smile. He's so cute.

Groot: I-I am G-Groot.

I smile and can't believe that he's said his first words but I can't understand him. I look over to rocket to see he's got a smile on his face.

Me: do you know what he said?

Rocket shakes his head.

Groot: I am Groot (Finally I thought you were never gonna ask her)

I smile and giggle.

Rocket: I'm glad your back Groot.

Groot lets go of my hand and I Drink my tea as Rocket explains to Groot how we defeated Ronan. Quill walks in.

Me: Morning Quill.

Quill: Morning to you too. Hay why do you call me quill and not Peter?

I shrug.

Quill: Just call me peter from now on ok?

I nod my head and Peter sits next to me at the table.

Peter: I see Groot's back.

Me: Yea it might take him a while to grow back to full size but at least he's now talking again.

Peter: That's good. Nice ring by the way where did you get it?

Rocket: I asked her.

Rocket says sipping on his drink.

Peter: Asked her? What... Oh so your engaged. Nice one dude you bagged a good one.

Me: What's that supposed to mean?

Peter puts his hands up in defence.

Peter: I didn't mean it like that. Congrats.

I sigh and thank him.

Peter: So why are you two up so early?

Rocket: Watering Groot.

Me: Can't sleep.

Groot: I am Groot.

Peter looks at Groot confused.

Me, Rocket: wants to lesson to music.

Peter smiles.

Me: You are not blasting it though the ship.

Peter pouts.

Me: But you could lend him your walker thing.

Peter shrugs and puts the head phones on little Groot and plays the music. I can hear a little bit of it but at least it isn't waking Gamora and Drax up.

Peter: I'll go and we're we are.

Peter gets up and walks out but then comes back in.

Peter: Are either of you two engineers.

Me: I am.

Peter: Cool can you check the engine later.

I nod my head and he walks off. I stand up and put my cup in the sink.

Me: I might as well check the engine now. Bye.

I kiss Rocket on the head and then leave to the engine room. The place isn't as messy as I thought so I check the engine and it only needs a good clean. Whoever put this room together did a decent job but I'm more of a perfectionist when it comes to rooms like this. It doesn't take me long and when I finish Gamora comes in with a big smile on her face. She looks like a maniac.