Chapter 8 : Knowhere

Rocket calls us all up to the front of the ship to see that were approaching Knowhere. To be honest I hate that place.

Peter: Wow

Drax: What is it?

Gamora: It's called Knowhere, the severed head of an enchant celestial being, be where when heading in rodent, there are no regulation what so ever here.

We fly in through the eye of the head and soon land and start to walk to the buyer.

Gamora: Hundreds of years ago the Trovon group sent workers in to mine the organic matter within the skull, bone, brain tissue, spinal florid. All rear resources highly valued in black markets across the galaxy. It's dangerous and illegal work suitable only for outlaws.

Peter: Well I come from a whole planet of outlaws, billy the kid, bony and Clive, John samosa.

Drax: Sounds like a place I would like to visit.

Peter: Oh you should.

Then a bunch of kids ran towards us asking for units.

Quill: Watch your wallets.

I moved past them and soon they run off. We finally made it to the place. It looks like it has several domes attached to it and each dome had its own colour. I think I know who the buyer is but I'll wait and see just in case I'm wrong.

Rocket: Your buyer in there?

Gamora: We are to wait here for his representative.

Then a male pushed another male out of the door and he fell to the ground.

Drax: This is no respectable establishment. What do you expect us to do while we wait.

Rocket grabs my hand and smiles. We make our way to a bar with Groot and Drax. We grab some drinks and then Rocket and Drax place bets on these rat things. I've never seen this game before but it's kinda fun to watch. Rocket won a couple of times and clings to my side for dear life. I pat his head as it continues. I look over at Groot to see that he doesn't like the game.

Me: Are you alright Groot?

Groot nods his head but I know he's not. I kiss Rocket and walk away from the game with Groot. We sit down at the bar and just sit in silence it's not weird it's nice but that soon fades when I hear Rocket and Drax arguing. I sigh and think nothing of it until Drax troughs Rocket across the room. I rush over to help Rocket up while Groot and Drax are fighting. I sit Rocket up and place my hand on his check.

Me: Are you ok?

Rocket nods his head but he's giving a death glare at Drax. Rocket gets out of my arms and storms over to Drax. I try to stop him when he pulls out his gun. Luckily Gamora and Peter show up and help. Gamora makes Drax back up while peter helps Groot up. I step in front of Rocket.

Me: Rocket stop.

Rocket: Get out the way Kat. I don't wanna hurt you.

Me: No. Rocket your drunk. What happened?

I look to Rocket and then Drax.

Drax: This vermin specks of affairs he knows nothing about.

Rocket: That is true.

Drax: He has no respect.

Rocket: That is also true.

Drax is about to for Rocket again but Gamora hold him back he then whispers something under his breath but I can't hear it.

Rocket: Keep calling me vermin tough guy you just want to laugh at me like everyone else.

Me: Rocket No one's laughing at you.

Rocket: He thinks I'm some kind of stupid thing he does. Well I didn't ask to get made, I didn't ask to be pulled apart and put back together over and over turned into some, little monster.

It breaks my heart everything he calls himself a monster. Rocket lowers his head and I step a bit closer to him.

Me: You're not a monster Rocket. No one's calling you a monster.

Rocket points at Drax and Gamora.

Rocket: He called me vermin, she called me rodent. Let's see if you can laugh after five or six good shots to your frigin head.

Rocket lifts his gun up again and I can hear that it's ready to fire. I stop back and Quill runs in front of me. Rocket growls.

Quill: no noo no no 4 billion units Rocket, suck it up for one more lousy night and your rich.

Rocket: Get away from her, quill.

He points the gun at Quill.

Me: Rocket please. Quill's right.

Rocket seems to calm down and he puts the gun away. I sigh in relief.

Rocket: Fine, but I can't promise when all this is over I'm not going to kill every last one of you jerks.

Quill: see that is exactly why none of you have any friends. Five seconds after you meet some body your already trying to kill them.

Drax: We have travelled half way across the quadrate and Ronan is no closer to being dead.

Drax then walks off.

Peter: Drax.

Gamora: Just leave him. We don't need him.

I look over at Groot and mouth "are you ok?". Groot nods his head and I walk over to Rocket and grab his hand. We walk to an empty table at the back of the bar with no one around. I grab some napkins and dab the back of his head. He has a little cut but it's got dried blood around it.

Rocket: Did I scare you?

Me: A little.

Rocket grabs my hand gently and pulls it away from the back of his head.

Rocket: And now?

I put the napkins down and put a hand on his check.

Me: No.

Rocket: Do you still Love me?

I kiss him and I feel him kiss back.

Me: I will always love you. Remember?

I say against his lips.

Rocket: Yea and I'll always love you too.

I kiss him one more time and then get up and put the napkins in the bin. Gamora comes over and tells us that the buyer is ready.