Act 1: Your Visit

Almost two entire years had gone by since you last saw Pearl in person, and you were more than ecstatic at the thought of meeting with her again. Through the time on which you were at your natal country, you'd gotten to form a stronger bond with her from across your computer's screen, being it by sharing small talk or by showing her some of the most recent drawings you'd created. During one of your talks, she'd even foreshadowed you about an important confession she had to make when you arrived at Beach City, hence why you couldn't sit still on this very moment.

     You were now on a bus, heading towards Steven's home, which was set on a rural part of the beach. Your leg was bouncing nervously, while your seated self continued to shift on the bus's seat. The short woman sitting next to you noticed your jittery self, making her have some courage over evoking some small talk with you.

     "Are you meeting with someone?" The blonde, curly-haired woman asked, with a friendly smile decorating her pale face.

     You focused your gaze on her, noticing she was eager on receiving a response. Her eyes showed interest, and she'd straightened her posture more to face you.

     "Yeah. . ." You blurted, whilst pushing a stray strand of hair behind your ear, wanting to look away from her attentive eyes. "It's been almost two years since I last saw her, and I'm kinda nervous to approach her and her family again."

     "Is she your girlfriend, then?" The amiable woman inquired, her gaze now entirely focused on you.

     You felt how heat began to build up over your cheeks, as your eyes lost contact with her face. Your eyes stared down at your palms, which were resting over your lap. Her words had taken you completely out of guard, and you weren't sure on how you could answer them. After a brief moment of hesitation, you decided to speak up, seeing as you wanted to avoid things from getting awkward between her and you. She seemed like a nice person to be around with, and you didn't want to scare her off. 

     "She's. . . just a friend." You mumbled, while the blonde lady giggled lightly at your sheepish tone and reluctant smile.

     "Well, that smile says otherwise!" She spoke up, her voice coming off amused. "You've been really looking forward to this, haven't ya? I can see it on your face."

      "Yeah. . . I guess I'm pretty pumped up for this." You chuckled freely, as you shook your head in disbelief, this causing for your loose strands of hair, which were now highlighted (colour) instead of blue, to fly all over the place. "I couldn't sleep last night thinking about this. I was pretty much up until four in the morning, drawing what I found around the house."

     The bus's quick movement came to a gradual stop, making the short woman look back to the exit of the vehicle. Noticing she'd already arrived at her location, her smile turned into one of understanding, as she carefully stretched her arm out towards you, and waited for you to take hold of her hand.

     "The name's Sadie." She said, her smile widening when seeing you take her hand in yours. "I work at the Big Donut, so I you ever wanna talk again, you can find me there."

     "My name's (Y/N)." You introduced yourself, shaking her hand in a polite manner. "It was nice talking with you."

     With both the introduction and the farewell, you watched Sadie get down from the bus. She carefully went down the small set of stairs, and once she was outside, she waved goodbye at you.