Chapter 16 xS

Sorry it's taken so long to update life has been manic Dx I wrote part of this when I was ill, so if it comes out weird just tell me, if something doesn't make sense or even just a spelling mistake tell me! ;)

FINALLY IT'S HERE!!!!!! xD

Chapter 16

Tina's POV

I have to fight to keep my face blank and not show the disgust I feel show on my face as I turn to Jayden feeling slightly sick. I feel only the slightest bit relieved that it turned out to be him and not Darren. I mentally shook that thought out of my head.

Why the hell did I think that?

Oh, come on, don't be so dense! I am you and even I know that you're in denial over your true feelings.

Oh? And what are these 'true feelings'?

If I could, I would so facepalm right now. You li-ike him!

What?! I do not! I hate him! In fact he is the wor-

See? There you go again! You're denying it! You're in denial, you're in denial, you're deni-

Shut up!

You're only saying that because you know it's true!

...Okay, maybe I do like him...

Ha!

You know I'm only saying that to shut you up right?

But-

Then I realized what I was actually doing, i.e.: having a fight with myself, and snap back to reality where there is a more pressing issue to sort out before I look towards my so-called 'true feelings' for Darren.

"I see you have chosen to join our side, Tina? The side for winners." Jayden smirks at me. This is not the Jayden I know, at least, not the side he has shown before.

I look down on him, scrutinizing him. 

"A wise choice." Phoenix almost purrs as I start to slowly walk towards Jayden.

"So you are not effected by the fact that they kidnapped your 'almost-girlfriend'?" Are the first words I say, trying to find a part of him that may still be on our side... my side.

"No. I never actually liked her, I just pretended to. So you it would seem like I'd never stray and be a 'traitor'." At this point he laughed, it didn't sound the same as usual, it sounded shrill, it grated on my ears, almost like nails on a chalkboard. "And you actually fell for it. I sort-of feel sorry for the human, I mean she was actually in-love with me... just kidding, I don't feel sorry for her at all. And if I did, it would be because she is going to die."

I forced my self to let out a chuckle at his words, surprising myself when it didn't come out awkward and strained.

"Why?"

His question almost made me jump, it had come so suddenly. Not that hadn't been ready for it.

"I was simply testing your loyalty, I care deeply for my brother and do not wish for there to be any back stabbers on his 'side'."

"Brother?" Jayden almost looked shocked, there was even a hint of fear on his face, I smirked dangerously, glad that I now had the element of surprise in my words.

"Oh, didn't you know? Phoenix here is my brother. I haven't seen him in almost six years."

Jayden looked panicked, he came forwards and bowed, awkwardly by my feet.