Chapter 7 :)) !!!

Heyy! I said it would be up today and here it is!!

Enjoy!

Chapter 7

Darren's POV

*Before Gym class*

As I race to the teacher's lounge, to find Coach Nielson before Gym class, I think over some other ideas as to how to know for sure if she is one of us. If she is we could use her on our team of two... It has been reduced to that because Nelson and Kiera backed out and left us for important "family issues".

Let me tell you one thing. I don't know their real names - Nelson and Kiera are their Code Names - for want of a better word. My "Name" is Keith and Jayden's (Yes he's like me too, that's how we became best friends. ) is Ashton... At least, that's what Phoenix thinks. But I'll explain about him later.

I wondered if she would be as good as me at Gym... Don't get me started on music! Her voice... Her voice sounded like angels singing, but it was powerful, too. Not wimpy and quiet and lullaby-ish - if that's even a word. I had tried to read her thoughts all through English - to find out if she was one of us - but, either she has a completely empty head, which I very much doubt, or she's one of us. I hope it's the latter. It'd give me a chance to get to know her... NO! I mustn't think like that ever again - not after Mariah... It hurt to just think about her again.

Let me explain, Phoenix - our enemy, has been for almost five years - took her and used her against me as blackmail and it was the toughest decision I had ever made to either go against everyone and give him what he wanted, or to have him kill her and... Well, you get the picture. But, just as I was about to give him what he wanted we got some - inside information, shall we say - and found that he had... already... ki... 

I shook my head as I finally reached the teacher's lounge. I didn't want to think about her anymore it had taken me a year to finally get over what he did and since then I've never kept a relationship for more than a week, max. that's why I dumped Selena  yesterday. I didn't want a weakness. Not until we got rid of Phoenix for good.

I was just about to knock on the door when it opened, revealing Coach Nielson, just heading to the Gym. She's one of the few teachers at the school who knew about all of the supernatural stuff. We thought it would be fitting as she could train us in the gymnastics field to help us with balance and agility and there's also Coach Elk - as he was our P.E. teacher he helped us with new fighting techniques and any other teachers we thought could help us to win.

"I'm gonna be in your class to day Coach Nielson." She looked confused but waved her hand as a gesture to tell me to continue so I did, "You need to put me in a pair for something with the new girl."

"But, why?" She replies, still looking confused.

"Because-" I started, then quietened my tone, realizing that anyone could be listening, "I think she might be one of... us." I ended in a whisper.

Her eyes widened in realization, she nodded her head once and we walked in silence the rest of the way to the gym.

.     .     .

*After Tina and Darren were put together in a pair*

We walk to our practice  zone - it was right in the centre of the room.

I went first and I showed her the random cartwheels and flips I could do only just managing not to fall over on one of the back flips - I've always had trouble with those, I just can't seem to get my left foot to land right. I was lucky - one time I actually did fall flat on my face. I had to snap my own dislocated nose back in to place. Trust me, don't try it. It hurts. And I have super-fast healing abilities and a high pain-threshold.