Chapter 6 ;)

Hey guys - feeling a bit down as I haven't had much of a reaction...COMMENT!!!  PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAASSEEEE??!!!! PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP?!

Chapter 6

Darren's  POV

I stood there in shock. NO ONE has ever resisted my Charm! There's only one explanation. She's like us. She's not normal.

She's not human.

Tina's  POV

***End of English***

By the end of English I felt like punching someone... Most likely Darren...

The bell rang and I practically sprinted from the classroom.

I was actually in a good mood by the time I reached the gym though - as surprising as it seems - I had gymnastics! AND IT'S ONLY COMPULSORY FOR GIRLS!!! And, seriously - as fun as it is for me - what boy in their right mind would actually want to do gymnastics?

When I re-entered the gym after changing I got the answer to the question though. There in the bleachers surrounded by girls and looking very smug sat - yes, you guessed it, the one and only! Darren. Bowler.

I just glared and set off to the other side of the gym. Which, luckily, is where Kaycee was sitting. She was staring in to space - lost in thought.

I waved a hand in front of her face and said, " Penny for your thoughts?" when she jumped I laughed, I know it's mean, but it was funny! She was so lost in her thoughts that she hadn't even seen me walk up to her, granted I was coming from the other direction, but - still!

" Oh, hey! I thought you were... Nevermind. So, what's up?"

" Not much except the stalker over there on the bleachers. Anyway, who'd you think I was?"

" No one!" She answered - a little too quickly and turned away.

" What? Got some secret love scandal going on like in Eastenders where the girl is going out with her best friend's enemy?" I joked.

But she blushed. Hmmm... I'll have to check that out...

A look of relief washed over her face as the teacher called us over so she could tell us what we were going to do today.

As I walked over I found myself glaring at Darren. Kaycee gave me a sly look and chuckled under her breath.

" What?" I demanded.

" Nothing!"

" What is that? A new catchphrase? Now, tell me seriously, What?"

" 'What is that? A new catchphrase?' " She mocked, " YOU LIIIIKKKEEE HIM!!!" She sang.

Anger flared up inside me... She has this totally wrong, what could I have done to make her think that?

" And now you're blushing!" She sang in that same annoying tone.

WAIT!

What did she say?! OH SHIT WAS I???!!! 

I gave myself a mental shake. " WHAT?! NO I DON'T! He's just an arrogant, stupid, egotistical, jerkish player!" Yeah, and he's also hot, smokin', did I say hot? I mentally fin-

WAIT! WHAT?! Where'd that come from?!

I glanced up to see Darren smirking as if he knew what I just thought... But, that's impossible! Right? RIGHT?! Okay, calm down, Tina! He can't hear what you're thinking! 

" You do realize you're staring at him right now?" I gave myself a mental shake, narrowed my eyes at Darren and turned to Kaycee.

" What? Of course I wasn't staring!"

" Right... Of course you weren't..." And, infuriatingly, she then turned away and the teacher started to speak after finally getting everyone to quiet down.

" Alright, class! Line up against the wall! I want all of your height to weight ratio! So I'm going to go along the line and you will tell me your height and weight!"

You could tell - just from the faces of the girls - that no one was happy with this. Well, except for me and - apparently, Bowler. See what I mean?! TOTALLY AND UTTERLY FULL OF HIMSELF!

She went along the line, collecting the said information from everyone - until she reached me.

" Okay, Tina Bolaine. Newgirl. Okay..." she snorted under her breath not expecting me to hear it - but I did, I've always had exceptional hearing. " What's your height?"

I told her everything she wanted to know and she moved on to the next person. When she finally reached the end of the line she put us in to pairs in alphabetical order and told us to show each other what we could do according to flips and cartwheels. Guess who I was lucky enough to get!!!! Darren... - Note. Sarcasm.

I let him show me what he could do first. And he was good. But, I could guarantee that I was better.

And perfect timing, it seemed, as just as the teacher walked up I did a little sequence I have been able to do since I was twelve. I needed something to do to keep my mind off of... NO! NO THINKY OF THATY!!! HAPPY THOUGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh! Now I sound like someone out of Peter Pan! I'm probably going to start flying in a second...

Once I had finished the sequence everyone was just standing there, mouths gaping open and the Coach pulled me to one side smiling like a kid at Christmas.

" Would you, please represent Peckerton High at the inter-state championships?" she gushed, well - she sure has changed her tune.

" I don't know..."

" Please?! It would really rub it Anderson mount high's faces - we haven't won for years! And, at the moment, you and Darren are our  only chances - Darren always wins his balance beam and vault jumps! We just need you to do the floor routine and the bar routine!"

" Okay. But, I can't promise I'll win or anything!"

" EXCELLENT!!! We'll start on your routine for the 12th October - the first round - on Saturday-"

" Sorry! Can't do Saturday - it's my 17th birthday."

" Okay... Sunday?"

" That's fine!"

" Okay you can go back to Darren now. He looks a little bored without you!" she aid, giving me a knowing wink which left me confused. WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK I LIKE HIM??!

I wandered back over to Darren, looked up at the clock and saw that we had half an hour left...

Ugh...!

************************************************************************************************************

Another big thanks to GoldenPoppy for the cover at the side :D

P.S. : I know this song is old but I love it :-))) <3