Chapter 3 :-)

The flight to Orlando Airport took 6 hours. I hazarded a guess that my parents were rich, as we flew first class... I did a little happy dance in my head when I found this out.

After we exited the plane we headed over to the conveyor belts where the suitcases and other luggage go to. I always get nervous and scared at this bit. I mean, come on! We've all heard the stories! People lose their luggage and never see it ever again! It's true! It happens every day! My heart calms down as I see it there - my plain, black suitcase - moving along the conveyor belt with all the other people's luggage, immediately calming down the panic that was bubbling in my stomach.

We all packed light as they had only expected to stay in London for a few days, and I didn't have many belongings that were my own anyway. Just some old sweatpants and T-shirts. They told me they were going to take me shopping on Monday or tuesday next week... I don't like shopping. Maybe it'll be different in an American shopping mall. The only reason I don't really like shopping is the fact that I never had my own money to buy anything with; so I just window shopped, looking longingly at the clothes shown in the displays of the different shop windows. I didn't like the fact that I was letting Tim and Jill buy me anything, but I promised I would do lots of chores to make up for it.

We walked outside and did everything else you do at the airport, the rest of the time remaining uneventful. Once we had found one of the airport's valets he took us to our car, bid us a good day and we left the airport. 

My jaw dropped at the sight of the car as I stood back, admiring it. Their car was amazing! It was a sleek, bright red Lotus Evora. It was probably really expensive. I hopped into the backseat, carefully closing the door behind me, making sure I didn't damage their beautiful car in any way, and relaxed in the comfortable leather interior of the car and was soon asleep.

  .       .       .

I awoke to someone lightly shaking me and calling my name. 

I glanced up, noticing Jill hovering above me, trying to wake me up from my sleeping state.

I shot up out of the car - thankful for the fact that Jill had moved, otherwise there would have been a bruise forming on her head right about now - staring at what I saw behind her.

Tim chuckled at my reaction. "You like the house?"

As if he even needed to ask!

"We live here?!"I nearly screamed. There, right in front of my eyes, was a huge - and I mean huge - house. No, not house, mansion! I felt like the title character of the musical 'Annie', especially with my bright red hair. I almost asked if it was a train station.

"Yup!" Tim replied, grinning at my reaction and unlocked the front door of the house and going inside with Jill following him, chuckling a little at my face - which was still oggling at the house.

I hurried after them, scared that I would get lost if I didn't keep up.

Once we were inside Jill showed me to my room and told me to get unpacked and settled in. She also told about the dinner bell - there was a bell hanging in the corner of my room and it was attached to a chord that led down to the kitchen. She pulls it when dinner is ready, and it rings up here. She told me there was a bell in each room of the house. So wherever we are we can be reached for dinner or anything else we are needed for.

 .      .      .

It took me an hour to unpack and by the time everything was away and neat the dinner bell rang. I went back the way we came, only getting lost once  - which I was proud of - and found the kitchen just off the main hall. 

Delicious smells wafted my way as I entered. Jill had just finished setting the table and putting the food on the table when I walked in.

Tim walked in behind me and sat at the head of the table.

I think I'm going to try and call them Mum and Dad from now on - I don't think they'll mind, at least, I hope they don't.

The dinner was delicious. Unconsciously, Jill had made my favourite - Spaghetti Bolognese!

"As we're having a mini celebration, we are having ice cream and cake as a treat!" Jill told me beaming.

"I've never had ice-cream." I stated - it was true, Karen and Elijah never let me because it "froze my vocal chords" or something like that.

Tim and Jill looked at me, shocked.

"What?"

"We're gonna have to change that right away!" Tim answered I was slightly worried as I got the impression that he was only half-joking...

"What, right now? I mean I don't think ice cream goes very well with spaghetti bolognese, but..." I trailed off,  jokingly. They both laughed lightly and continued with the meal.

We finished dinner with the normal family banter - I'd never had much of this, at my old home we ate dinner in front of the TV, ignoring each other then we all went back to whatever we were doing before - this was nice. 

For the rest of the night we joked around like we had known each other for years, I was surprised at how easily I was settling in - come to think of it I'm surprised we, all of us: Me, Jill, Tim, Karen, Elijah and Stacy had come to terms with this so easily. I'm a little bit scared that I'll wake up tomorrow, back in London, to find that this was all a dream and that I needed to go to yet another rehearsal or dance class.

At about half past eleven I decided that, as I had to get up for school tomorrow, I should go to bed. I climbed upstairs and changed in to my light blue tank top and grey 3/4 length trousers that I use as pyjamas and got into bed. I immediately fell asleep - my dreams filled with Jill, Tim and school.

....................................................................................................................................................................................

A huge thank you to XoDreamsXo for the beautiful cover at the side :D 

Edited!