Two Bite Marks and A Fever

The next morning I woke up, I felt hot. I never felt hot. It was almost like I was running a fever. Vampires couldn't get fevers... Could they? I looked around, Klaus wasn't in the room. I closed my eyes, sinking deeper into my pillow. I wanted to get up, but I didn't want to worry the others. I just needed him.

I opened my eyes and looked over at the night stand. There was my pine scented candle. He must have brought it form my room. Why, I wasn't sure. I grabbed the matches that were laying next to it and lit it. I sunk back down in the blankets. I was hot so I kicked them off me. I laid on my back, hands crossed on my stomach. I curled my legs up and to the side, turning my head so it could face my candle. I inhaled it, smiling slightly before falling asleep again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rebekah looked at the clock. "It's one in the afternoon. Where is Natalia?"

"Probably reading a book." Elijah told her, flipping through the channels on the TV. "Why is there never anything good on?"

"I don't know." Klaus said, looking at his hands for unknown reasons.

Rebekah rolled her eyes. "I'll go get her." She darted up the stairs, looking in Natalia's room, then the bathroom. She wasn't there. She thought for a moment and went into Klaus' room. There she was, on the bed sleeping.

"Oh little Natalia. I don't know how you can possibly sleep so long, but you can get up now." Rebekah said, walking to the bed. She leaned over, blowing out the candle.

She took her hand and nudged her. "Natalia, wake up." She paused for a moment, laying her hand back on Natalia's bare arm, feeling the heat. She was burning up. She gripped her arm now and started to shake her violently. "Natalia! Natalia, wake up!"

She didn't know what to do. She picked her up in her arms, Natalia made no motion that she was aware of what was happening. She zipped back down the stairs and stood in the living room holding her.

Klaus stood up quick. "What happened!?" He asked, a growl in his voice.

"Is she... Dead?" Elijah asked, also really concerned.

Rebekah shook her head. "I don't think so. But she's burning up. Like, her body temperature is though the roof. Higher then a humans fever should ever be."

"And that poses a threat because she isn't human." Elijah chimed in.

"Well, no shit, Sherlock!" Klaus said, turning and glaring at him. Elijah wasn't phased.

Rebekah laid Natalia on the couch. Putting a pillow under her head, making her comfortable.

Marcel came bursting through the door and into the living room where they all stood. "We need to talk!"

"You could have knocked." Rebekah told him.

Marcel just gave her a glare.

"Did you do this!? Did you have something to do with this?" Klaus asked, pointing to Natalia on the couch.

Marcel looked at him confused. "Did I do what? What the hell are you talking about?"

Klaus got close to him, about a foot from his face. "I'm talking about Natalia dying! Her body temperature isn't even normal for a human! She's on fire!"

"Well maybe she got what she deserved." Marcel told him. "And maybe you should get the same that she's getting."

"So you did have something to do with this!" Rebekah snapped.