The Truth

"Isn't it much quieter?" Klaus asked, kicking his feet up on the coffee table.

Rebekah shook her head. "I can't believe you did that to the poor girl."

Klaus sighed. "I needed to just get rid of Marcel."

Elijah sat in a chair, holding the book he was reading. "So, do you think she actually killed Joanna?"

Rebekah shook her head. "I really don't think she did."

Klaus stood up. "Of course she did!"

Elijah shook his head and looked at his brother. "No. I don't think she did. She just threatened her. Natalia wouldn't sneak out to kill a witch."

"And how do you know that, lover boy?" Klaus snapped at him.

Rebekah rolled her eyes. "They aren't lovers, Nik. They are just good friends, like me and her are. They are like family."

Elijah rolled his eyes. He hated how Klaus always thought that him and Natalia were lovers. They were just good friends, brother and sister like him and Rebekah.

"She's right, Niklaus."

Klaus rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Whatever you say!" He threw his hands up and walked out, zipping up the stairs.

He walked into Natalia's room, a glass of blood in his hand. He sat on the edge of her bed, waiting for her to wake. It was no more then 5 minutes and she woke with a jerk, glaring at him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I growled. "Why are you here? Going to snap my neck again so I sleep longer? Why don't you just put a dagger in my heart?"

He shook his head and handed a glass to me. It was red and smelled of blood. I sat up, looking at him and ripped the glass from his hand, downing it in the matter of seconds. The blood was cool from the fridge, but it still tasted amazing. I held the glass in my hand, looking at him.

He smiled at me. "Good?"

I nodded. "Thank you."

The smile escaped his face and he looked serious now. "Did you kill her?"

I groaned and rolled my eyes. "No. Why do you think that? Someone was setting me up! Klaus, you know I'm not going to sneak out and kill a witch for something stupid. I just threaten them."

He nodded. "I know. I know you didn't do it. Marcel seems to think so. We will find out who did it though, okay?"

I nodded. I wasn't sure if he was lying about knowing I didn't do it, or if he really did know I didn't do anything wrong.

He looked at me, studying my face.

"What?" I asked him, some attitude in my tone.

He shook his head. "Nothing."

I narrowed my eyes. "If you try to fucking compel me, I'm going to be extremely pissed."

He laughed. "Now, would I do that, love?"

I nodded. "Uhm... YEAH! You would... LOVE!" I lightly growled at him.

He laughed. "You know me too well."

He pulled my face to his with a hand. He was inches away from my face, breathing on me. His breath was light and cool. I sharply inhaled, taking in his breath.

He looked me in the eye. "I want you to tell me the truth. Did you murder Joanna two nights ago?"

"No." I told him lightly, still looking into his eyes.

He let my face go, staying close for a few seconds before pulling back. He smiled. "Good girl." He patted my cheek.

I glared at him and stood up, taking my glass downstairs, and putting it in the sink. I walked into the living room.

"There she is." Rebekah said as I walked into the room. "How ya feel?"

I shrugged. "Normal?"

"That's usually a plus. I never feel normal after I wake up." Elijah said, looking at his book.

"That's because I like to put you guys out for a while because you cause me problems. I needed answers from this one." Klaus said as he walked in behind me, sitting back on the couch. "But I do have good news!"

"Oh, and what's that?" Elijah asked, this time looking up from the book.

He smirked. "She didn't do it."

"I told you she didn't!" Rebekah told him, crossing her arms.

I just rolled my eyes.

Elijah put his book down. "And how do you know this? You can't just ask her a question and believe the answer she gives you."

I crossed my arms. "Wow. Thanks a lot, Elijah."

"I'm just stating the truth..."

"I know, I know." I sighed.

"So how do you know this?" Rebekah asked.

I narrowed my eyes, glaring at Klaus. "He compelled me to tell him the truth."

Klaus smiled and looked totally smug. "She's telling the truth. Someone has to be setting her up."

"Then we find out who it is." Rebekah said.

"I already know where to start!" Klaus said, standing up. "And you're coming!" He grabbed my arm, pulling me out.

*Author's Note: Chapter for the day. Enjoy!*