Still Not Believing

Klaus burst through Marcel's door. His hand gripping my wrist and pulling me. I was actually a little scared. Being in the same room with two vampires I didn't get along with. But maybe Klaus would protect me if Marcel came after me. He seemed nice enough back at the house, but this was a whole new setting.

"Marcel!" Klaus called out.

Marcel appeared on a balcony looking down on us. "What is it, Klaus?"

"I have something for you." He said, jerking me next to him. "Our dear Natalia has something to tell you." He put his arm around my waist, which made me slightly cringe. I wasn't use to him touching me like that.

Marcel jumped the railing, landing in front of us. "What do you have to confess?" He asked, looking at me.

I looked at Klaus confused. Did he want me to tell him that I had killed that witch? Or did he want me to tell him that I really didn't do it?

Klaus rolled his eyes. "Tell him what you told me minutes ago."

I looked back at Marcel. "I really didn't kill her." I told him flatly.

He smirked, letting out a light laugh and crossed his arms. "Right. I'm supposed to believe that?" He looked at Klaus.

"She's telling the truth."

"And how do you know that?" Marcel asked, putting his hands down at his sides now.

Klaus let go of my waist. "I just know."

He laughed. "Right. Sure ya do. Whatever, Klaus. But if another witch dies, that SHE comes into contact with." He pointed at me. "I'm going to take care of her myself!"

My eyes narrowed at Marcel. Instinstinctivly I leaned a little closer to Klaus. No one seemed to notice.

I heard a light growl from Klaus, one that only I could hear it seemed. He pointed his finger at him. "You touch her, or anyone in my family with no reason, I will deal with you myself."

I blinked in surprised. He was actually standing up for me and protecting me.

"Whatever you say." Marcel told him in a calm tone.

Klaus grabbed my wrist again, pulling me with him. "Come on, we have some shopping to do."

I followed like I had before. "Shopping for what?"

He released my wrist and allowed me to walk freely. "Shopping for whatever our little hearts desire!"

I looked at him confused but shook my head. I felt like he was just trying to stir up trouble, but I wasn't sure.

We walked down the sidewalk, looking in stores.

"I should get a candle" I told him, stopping.

He turned and looked at me. "Why a candle?"

"Because I like candles." I told him with attitude.

He waved a hand at me. "Fine, whatever. Get one for Rebekah while you're at it. I'm sure she'd like it."

I nodded and walked in. It smelled of so many different scents. I looked around, finding one that smelled of pine for me and one of vanilla for Rebekah. I paid for them and walked out. Klaus wasn't there, I figured he was in the liquor store across the street.

A girl with light hair came up to me. She smelled like a witch.

"You're the one that killed Joanna two nights ago. You sick bitch." She said to me.

I looked at her. "Excuse me?"

She narrowed her eyes and shook her head. "Don't play stupid! You killed Joanna and we all know it! Marcel will get you. But you better hope we don't get you first!"