Searching for the Light - Chapter 12

Chapter 12.

I awoke to the sound of my phone vibrating on my bedside table; I reached over and grabbed it, pressing the green button. 

"Hello?" I said, yawning.  

"Morning beautiful, did I wake you?" The sound of Carter's voice made my stomach flutter. 

"Um, yeah, kind of" I answered sitting up and rubbing my eyes. 

"Sorry, want me to phone back later?"  

"No, no, no, it's alright" 

"Okay, well I was just wondering if you wanted to come and have breakfast at my house. My mom and dad are out and I want to cook for you" That's really sweet. 

"Gee Carter, I would love to but I can't, I go to church every Sunday" I said, yawning again. What time is it anyway? 

"Oh, okay. Don't worry about it, its fine" he sounded really disappointed.  

"I could always miss church this Sunday, I don't think God will mind my boyfriend making breakfast for me one time" I chuckled. 

"Really? That's great, what time should I pick you up? In about an hour? Or two?"  

"One and a half?"  

"Okay, I'll see you later then" 

"Bye-bye" I hung up and looked at the clock, eight, I must've been tired last night. Slipping out of bed, I quickly went to take a shower.

Carter arrived at the nine-thirty, not a minute less, nor after. Mathieu and Caroline didn't seem to mind me going over to Carter's, they were quite pleased, maybe because I've not kept them up with crying this week; I'm so thankful for Carter and our friends.  

When we got to his, he picked me and sat me down on his couch, taking off my lace up military boots and putting them next to the door. I giggled. I was wearing mid-thigh jean shorts and a white, baggy, off the shoulder shirt with a few brown bangles to match.

"Nice shorts" he said blankly and knelt down in front of me. 

"Um, thanks"  

"They're really short..." Okay, where was he going with this?  

"It looks like its going to be a nice day, plus, they aren't even that short, they're probably a little bit longer than my school skirt, I'm comfortable in them"  

"Your school skirt is short"  

"I know... I can't help that. It's because I'm a smaller size than what I should be for my height and..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say.  

"You should be aloud to wear pants in school" he looked down at my knees, put his hands on them and started to massage them. 

"I know, it's unfair"  

"I should be the only one who see's.." he drifted off.  

"What?" I questioned. 

"Nothing" he said quickly, getting up and switching the TV on, "So, what do you want for breakfast? Bacon, eggs and waffles?"  

"Um, sure, that sounds good" I replied cautiously. He gave me a quick kiss on my forehead and went in the kitchen to cook.

I sat listening to music channels for about half an hour till he came in and grabbed my hand, leading me through the kitchen to the dining room. I gulped - there was soft classical music being played softly in the background and at the ends of the table, there was a plate full of, bacon, eggs, waffles and pancakes, a glass of orange juice and a cup of steaming hot coffee.  

Carter pulled one of the chairs out for me and I sat down, he smiled and sat on the other of the table. I stared at him in awe; he truly is a gentleman.

"Eat" he said smiling, I nodded and picked up my knife and fork and dug in. It was delicious.  

After finishing the last piece of bacon, I looked up to see Carter staring at me, smiling.  

"Did you like it?" he asked and I blushed. 

"It was" I gulped, "delicious, thank you" he grinned and got up, taking his plate. I was about to grab my plate and take it into the kitchen when he slapped my hand away. 

"No" he warned, "let me do it, I'm doing this for you, you're my girlfriend" I looked down, stunned. I guess he really wants to impress me, huh?

When he was finished washing up, he came back in and kissed me, passionately; he took my hand and led me upstairs to his room. I was about to say something but he picked me and threw me on his bed, climbing on top of me, I giggled.

"Carter" I whined 

"Ssh" he started nibbling my ear and massaging my hips before slowly lifting my top up, he lifted it all the way to the edge of my bra but wasn't satisfied so tried to lift it more but I stopped him.  

"Carter, I'm not ready for this" he didn't listen, only moved his head down to my stomach and began softly kissing there.  

"Carter" I said sternly and shifted, pulling my top back down, "Maybe I should go" I started getting up. 

"No, don't leave me, I'm sorry, don't go" he said quickly, looking at me with sad eyes. I sighed, before I said anything Carter carried on, "Thanks" and hugged me. Am I really that predictable?  

We were there for what had seemed like hours, me lying down resting my head on his lap while he played with my hair. His eyes looked so, mesmerized. So... possessive?  

"Carter?" I asked sweetly. 

He glanced at me, "I have to go; I promised Tami she could come around today"  

"Okay beautiful, I'll drop you off" he smiled and sat up, bringing me up with him.

Once Carter had dropped me off, I phoned Tami to tell her that she and Jerry can come around now. They were here within the next fifteen minutes and we set off to the shopping centre, to get my naval pierced.

Now I'm not going to lie, I was incredibly nervous about getting another piercing, especially since I was about five when I had my ears done. I squirmed a little in the seat, but it was worth it; it looked so cute. I held Jerry's hand all the while, squeezing the shit out of it. When it was over I looked at him and his face was hilarious, he was clutching his hand in pain which made me and Tami chuckle, maybe I'm not as weak as I though.

Jerry needed to go home, his Mother called and said to come back because one of his brothers had blew their microwave up. He told us he expected it and reassured us by saying, "Don't worry, at least it isn't my bed this time". Jerry said he'd introduce me to his girlfriend when she gets back from her trip to England, Tami said Cheryl was awesome so I was excited to meet her, surprisingly not that anxious.

"So, what's the deal with you and Carter?" I asked Tami after Jerry left.  

"Wow, that was out of the blue" she said, giggling. 

"Stop stalling, answer the question" I said sternly. 

"There is no deal with me and Carter, what are you talking about?" Does she think I'm stupid? I gave her a funny look. 

"Fine. I've had a crush on him for the past two years. I'm not interested in him now, Damien and I are dating now, I suppose" she said, looking up in the air, dreamily, "he's really hot". I was shocked, not because she had had a crush on Carter - that was obvious, but because she was acting like a total... like a total sap.

"What's gotten into you?" I asked. 

"I think I'm in love, Marianne" she said sighing as she fell back on her bed and grabbed a teddy, hugging it. 

In love? Am I in love with Carter? Do I love him? Isn't it a bit soon to talk about that? 

"Wow" I said, raising my eye brows and pressing my lips together. "In love, huh?"