6

...A very empty room, I looked around confused. I thought they would of been here! It's the only room that was unlocked so why is it empty? Still looking around using my torch, making sure I'm not missing anything. I shook my head trying to think straight. I slowly backwards out the room, re-thinking everything. Maybe it was just my imagination, I was so desperate to see something up here that I imagined it. 

Sighing to myself I head back down the hallway, but still looking around just in case. Putting my journalist mind back on I take pictures of the hallway, and the sign proving I visited the eighth floor for my article. I stand waiting patiently for the lift to arrive on the floor, checking my phone to make sure the pictures came out clearly.

The lift dinged signalling that it arrived on the floor, as I was stepping towards it. I heard a scream and this strange thing surrounded by dark fog from down the hall speeding towards me. I screamed and ran into the lift pressing the ground button quickly praying for the doors to close before what ever it was came at me. I sighed in relief when they finally closed but not before I saw the weird dark fog close to the lift, and my phone on the hallway floor.

I panicked, I now have no phone, no way of contacting anyone. I took deep breaths whilst the lift slowly went downwards towards the ground floor. When the doors finally opened I ran out and towards the front desk.

"He-help me" I said panicked.

"Are you okay Ma'am?" The receptionist asked.

"No, th-there wa-was so" I took a deep breath, "There was something on the eighth floor, I left my phone up there".

"Oh you're one of them" The receptionist said annoyed.

"What you mean 'one of them'" I asked annoyed by her attitude.

"A fan of the rumours who needed to find out the truth" She said rolling her eyes.

"I don't appreciate that behaviour and I saw something up there!" I said frustrated.

"Oh really?" She asked sarcastically.

"My phone is black iPhone 6 with a transparent cover with says 'Believe' on it" I say.

"Sorry Ma'am please wait here and I'll try find your phone" She said falsely.

"No, I'm going out" I say walking off, no way was I staying here.

I walked out the building and into the main street, still panicked from what I saw. Looking round I noticed it was now nighttime and people were staggering about, obviously been on a night out. I wonder around for a bit, trying to think straight, I needed to speak to someone, but I have no phone. I then saw a group of people nearby who didn't look too drunk.

"Hi sorry, is there any chance I could borrow one of your phones? I've lost mine" I ask trying to do my best smile.

"Go away, I know people like you! Trying to pretend your a desperate girl just wanting to call your mum but really your gonna steal my phone or something" A man said repulsed at the look at me.

"No I prom-" I tried saying before being interrupted.

"Just leave us alone" A woman from the group said. 

I just wanted to cry as I walked away, wondering what on earth what I was going to do.