8

I was abruptly woken from my ringtone playing loudly nearby. I shot up out of bed not really knowing where I was, but once my eyes adjusted to the lighting in the room I remembered where I was. I grabbed my phone from near me and answered my phone without checking who was calling.

"Hello?" I say groggily.

"Eloise why on earth did you call me at two in the morning and on someone else's phone. This is very unprofessional and I expected better from you!" My boss said angrily down the phone.

"I called you?" I asked confused, not remembering the night before.

"Don't tell me it was a drunk call! You're meant to be there to work not drunk! I'm disappointed in you Eloise" He said sighing annoyed.

"What did I say?" I ask trying to remember anything about last night.

"That you needed to talk to me. Now I've got to go and deal with real issues and not drunk phone calls" He says and abruptly ends the call.

I stared at my phone for what felt like hours, confused and worried as I can't remember anything about last night. It was all a blank, the last thing I remember was...falling asleep when I first got into the room...but I couldn't of slept that long. Also the boss said I rang him but how can I not remember that?

I decide to go grab a shower to freshen myself and hopefully clear my head so I can think straight. I grab some clothes from my suitcase and head to the bathroom. Turning the shower on waiting for it to heat up. When it was hot enough I undressed and jumped in letting the water hit my body letting it start to relax.

When the water starts to get colder I slowly get out grabbing the towel on the side and wrapping it around myself. Rubbing the condensation off the mirror in the bathroom I just stand there staring at my reflection.

'How can I not remember last night' I say to myself.

Frustrated that I can't remember anything I get changed quickly and put my hair up in a ponytail, not in the mood to do anything with it. I go back to the room and grab my notebooks from my bag and decided to go get something to eat.

'You can never work on an empty stomach' Granny Meg always said to me, making me smile at the memory.

I leave the room with one thought on my mind, food, I hope somewhere does a good bacon bap. Once on the ground floor I quickly walk towards the reception desk, the lady behind the desk smiled up to me.

"Hi, sorry was you working here last night?" I ask smiling back.

"No sorry last night was my night off, is everything okay?" She asks concerned.

"Yeah, I just can't remember what I did last night" I say embarrassed.

"Sounds like a good night" She chuckled.

"Yeah...well thanks" I drifted off and started walking towards the exit.

Once outside I felt the sun hit my face, I tilted my head up and just stood there enjoying the warmth. I a few moments later I heard a cough nearby, bringing me out of my trance. I looked round trying to find the person who coughed. A young man was sat at one of the picnic tables that was scattered around the front of the hotel. I could feel my cheeks going a bright read and quickly scurried off down the alleyway and into the city.

It didn't take me long till I found a nice looking cafe that wasn't too busy and found myself a seat near the window. It was quite small but felt very homely which made me feel comfortable being there. I ordered myself a bacon bap and a cup of tea and just sat there staring out into the street watching people that walked past. 

When the food arrived I soon scoffed it down, realising I was more hungry than I thought. Now it's time to really think about last night and why on earth I ended up ringing the boss at two in the morning and on someone else's phone?

I got out my notebook to write anything I remembered down, but that's when I noticed my notes from yesterday, I can't remember writing this. It must be when my mind went blank! I quickly read it;

'Hotel looks quite normal. Staff and other customers look and act like zombies. Staff won't tell me any details. Question staff as one told me to be careful? Checking it out tonight and will get photo evidence!'

I quickly got out my phone to check my photos, but there was absolutely no photo evidence of me going to the eighth floor and I know if I went I would of took a picture. This has confused me even more, all I know is that I was planning on going to the eighth floor. 

My only chance of hopefully figuring out about last night is going to the eighth floor...