2

I head towards the stairs, with my right hand gripping my suitcase handle whilst rolling my suitcase behind me and in my left hand I was gripping the keys to my room. I look up the grand stairs and look at the key number on the keychain.

'Room 902' it read.

'Great I'm on the top floor' I thought rolling my eyes.

I then noticed the lifts down the hallway behind the stairs and head straight towards them. No way am I going to climb up nine flights of stairs.

I get to the hallway where the lifts were, there was three on each side. I chose a random one and scurried inside pressing the nine button. The lift wasn't very big, maybe only being able to fit about 4 people inside, no wonder they have six lifts. I wait patiently for the lift to get to the ninth floor, it was dull inside and I couldn't wait to get out.

When it finally dinged in sign that it reached the ninth floor, I grabbed my suitcase handle and headed out the lift. It lead straight into the hallway of the rooms on the ninth floor. In front of me was a dull black door with a plaque saying 'cleaner store' on it.

The carpet was the usual weirdly patterned carpet, it was a mixture of cream, red and blue. On the wall next to the cleaner store room was two plaques. The top on said '<-- Rooms 900-920' and the one underneath said 'Rooms 921-940-->'.

I turn left and head straight to the bottom of the corridor, counting down the room numbers. When I got to the bottom I got to the number 905, I then noticed there was another turning with more rooms. Wow I'm going to be doing a lot of walking on this 'holiday' I thought to myself.

I finally got to my room and unlocked the door. The room wasn't badly sized, there was a door on the right which leads to the bathroom which had a bath with a shower, toilet and sink with towels hanging on a towel rack. When I carried on walking into the room, there was a slight curve in the walls which lead to the main room. Where there was a queen sized bed which was perfectly made.

There was a thirty inch tv that was placed opposite the bed so you could easily watch tv in bed. Underneath was a desk and a chair, perfect place for me to do my writing. On each side of the beds there were small sets of draws. Round the corner was a built in closet which had enough room to fit my clothes, suitcase and quite a bit more.

I leave my suitcase on the side and just collapse on the bed. It's going to be a long few days I thought to myself.

~Later~

I slowly wake up realising that I must of fallen asleep. I barely slept last night, as I was too nervous and excited about this trip. I rub my eyes and slowly get up off the bed. I grab my phone from my back pocket and noticed I had a message off my boss.

'Have you got to the hotel okay? Have you found out anything yet'

Wow he nearly sounded concerned.

'Yes all checked in, not yet but I promise I won't let you down sir' I texted back.

I placed my phone back in my pocket and unzip my suitcase, grabbing out my journalist equipment, notebooks, stationary and clothes. I hang up my clothes in the closet then grab my notebook and a pen. I sit at the desk and think back to when i checked in. I haven't noticed anything suspicious about this place yet, except for that receptionist acting strange towards me and saying to be careful? That really confused me, maybe i should try and find her and question her about it?