Regretting Death-Chapter 9

“Wake up,” I heard a voice.

            “Five more minutes mom,” I shook my head into the pillow.

            “I’m not your mom.” I heard the voice say.

            “Where is she?” I asked starting to wake up.

            “Kasey wake up.” I heard Chris say. I opened my eyes and everything came back to me, I had just had a dream about going out to dinner with my family due to today being my brothers birthday. I looked out to the window to see the sun rise in the middle of the sky showing it was about noon. “You want to have a movie night tonight?” he asked me. I nodded my head and looked back at him fighting the tears. “You alright Kasey?” he asked me looking worried.

            “I’ll see you later tonight, text me or something.” I said getting up and walking away towards my bathroom. I shut the door and took a deep breath letting the tears fall as I started my shower. Washing my hair and my body and I quickly shaved my legs and then jumped out wrapping a towel around my body. I dried off and slipped on some underwear grabbing some dark jeans and a baby blue shirt sleeve v-neck, I put everything on and tucked my shirt in as I grabbed a dark brown belt putting it on, I got a matching scarf and slipped it over my neck, then I grabbed some brown ugg’s that matched the belt. Pushing my feet into them I then moved to my make-up and did what I always did, cover up, and mascara. I then grabbed a hair tie and pulled my hair up into a pony tail after I dried it. I let my bangs fall down normally over my right eye brow, I pushed open the bathroom door to see Chris sitting in my pillows in the corner, he looked up and smiled at me.

            “What are you doing?” I asked him as I grabbed my phone and slipped it in my back pocket.

            “Hanging out with you today?” he questioned.

            “I’m working Chris,” I frowned down at him.

            “It’s Sunday, the pet shelter is closed?” he asked in  a statement kind of way.

            “We can’t just leave the animals for a day now can we? Besides I get over time since I wasn’t suppose to work today.” I told him opening my door motioning for him to follow.

            “Why are you working when you don’t have to?” he asked getting up and following me down stairs after I closed my door.

            “I am saving up for money to buy a car, also the sloth had the baby last night and I want to be with the baby.” I smiled at the memories of how cute the sloth was. “Gran leaving for work!” I called out as I opened the door and shoved Chris out before she could answer.

            “That’s mean, and also I want to see the baby.” He said following my the opposite way of my house.

            “What are you doing? You can’t go in the store today? Remember its closed.” I told him as I stopped walking.

            “I’m walking you to work, duh!” he said shaking his head as he started walking, I shook my head and followed.

            “Hang out with Toad,” I told him.

            “Doctors appointment.”

            “Uh, Luis?”

            “Taking some class with the rest of the group at the college.” He shrugged his shoulders.

            “Why didn’t you take it?”

            “It was a cooking class? Why would I take it if my wife will do all the cooking?” I pulled my hand back and slapped his shoulder. “I’m just kidding!” he laughed at me.