RD-Ch8- New Friends.

Chapter- 8

 -Chase on side!-

            It’s been a full week since I started working at the pet shelter and it was the last two nights Madison and Sunny would be gone, so once I got home I slumped on my bed closing my eyes as fast as I could only to feel my phone vibrate under my bun. I pulled it out and growled at the phone as I clicked answer.

            “What?” I asked.

            “The baby is coming! Run over here!” Chases voice yelled in my ear, all tiredness left me and I jumped up and sat up straight.

            “What?” I yelled this time.

            “Get over here now!” He yelled and then hung up. I looked at the clock to see it at ten pm. I jumped up and grabbed my scarf wrapping it around my neck as I ran out of my room.

“Gran, the baby sloth is coming! I’ll be home some time tonight! I need to help have the baby. I have my phone so text me!” I yelled without listening to her answer as I slammed the door shut and took off running as fast as I could. It only took my just about a minute or two due to me being a cross country runner back home on earth.  I turned the corner and pushed my body forward slamming the door open and then shutting it. Chase sat with a bucket of water and a couple towels and the sloth laying in front of him as he sat in the middle of the room.

            “Oh thank him you are here!” he said looking up at me in fear. “I don’t know how to give birth.” He told me.

            “Right just because I’m a girl does not mean I do!” I told him crossing my arms.

            “Looks like we will have to swing it then!” he said looking down as the sloth moved just a little. I nodded my head and sat right in front of him and the sloth.

            “How do you know she is giving birth?” I asked him.

            “I don’t,” he stated. “I just think she is.” He said shrugging his shoulders. “Never helped with birthing a sloth before, I wouldn’t really know.”

            “How long do you think it would take?” I asked pulling out my phone.

            “Could take hours, or minutes.” He told me rubbing his thumb on her stomach.

            “That doesn’t help what so ever.” I said setting my phone to the side.

“I called a person and they should be here soon to help give birth to the baby.”He told me looking down at her with love in his eyes.

“Good, I won’t have to do it,” I laughed and then looked up and locked eyes with Chase, his dark brown eyes confusing me. “What?” I asked.

            “Nothing,” he smiled shaking his head looking at the sloth.

            “No, tell me.” I smiled at him while watching him.

            “You’re kind of adorable.” He told me still looking at the sloth.

            “Kind of? Pu-lease, I am.” I grinned waiting for his reaction. He looked up in a playful way shaking his head. I gave out a small laugh closing my eyes.

            “So is your laugh.” He laughed along.

            “Oh, well thank you.” I said looking down at the sloth.