[Chapter Twenty-Nine] Addison

Sometimes it takes a good fall
                                          to really know where you stand
                                                           ― Hayley Williams 

Chapter Twenty-Nine- Addie

I loved Liam's truck. I've never felt so comfortable in a vehicle before. In my parent's, I was so afraid to move because if I messed up one thing then all hell would break loose, and that never ended well for me.

But here, I can relax as I leaned into him with the radio playing and the windows down. I could put my feet up beside me and just enjoy the ride.

He wouldn't tell me where we were going first, but I was excited to find out. He pulled up in front of a small diner. It looked nice and homey, not somewhere my parents would set foot in even if you paid them. They valued their money, but they were above them.

I swear it was like medieval times, they thought they were royalty and anyone else was pretty much a peasant, they were the elite, they were better plain and simple.

Liam opened my door and we headed in, I could small delicious food in the air. The waitress sat us down with a smile and handed us our menus, she said something to Liam, but I was too busy looking around to take note of exactly what it was.

I know I probably looked stupid, but I didn't really care. I had never been to a place like this before. It was so laid back and casual, I loved it.

I looked at the menu, and for the first time in my life I ordered a greasy and unhealthy meal, I ordered a burger and fries. Sure I've had a burger before but it was always healthy and premium ingredients, never meat, always vegetarian.

"I've never had one before." I told him after she took our order

"I didn't think so."

"So what's next?" I asked him

"Shopping, I'll try to get that out of the way, and then we can sit and give your leg a break as we watch a movie."

"Perfect."

"What do you want to buy?" he asked and I shrugged

"Nothing designer. I want something that people around here wear."

"I have a few stores in mind, though Kalila would be much better at taking you around."

"I don't know, I don't really spend much time with her." I shrugged. I didn't spend much time with anyone but Liam.

"I know, but maybe you should."

"Are you tired of me?" I asked confused

"Of course not," he covered my hand with his "I just know they worry about you too, and would love to get to know you better."

"I'll try." I promised, I've wanted to spend time with them, I have, but I just don't have the connection to them like I do to Liam. Liam shows he wants to get to know me while they all just look at me like I'm diseased or something.

 "They love you, Addie." He said and pulled his hand back as the waitress brought our food. It looked and smelled delicious. I took one bite and wanted to eat these every day! They were amazing. We didn't' talk much as we ate.

I was in my thoughts about what he said and he seemed lost in his as well. I felt bad for being down here, living with them, and not really spending much time with them. I knew they meant well and I know they cared. I did spend some time with Aunt Lalan, and she was great.